Nasolabial folds in teenager who lost weight. Would getting fat again help? Or could the real culprit be stress?

I am 18 years old and getting deep laugh lines that make me look 30. I had and still have a large accumulation of abdominal fat. Over the past year I lost 15 lbs, but as a result I now have these hideous lines. I would rather be fat than have them, but is it too late? Everyone in my family lives to 80 anyways, and no one looks like this. I'd gladly trade 10 years to be able to enjoy my youth. And do not suggest plastic surgery. You will look like a tool if you suggest surgery to an 18 year old.

Fillers?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. You may be a candidate for facial rejuvenation using hyaluronic acid fillers. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for volume loss

Thank you for your question Anonym36. Fillers can be used to enhance the face. When people lose weight, volume is lost in the face. Fillers such as Voluma and Juvederm can be used to restore lost volume in patients as young as 18 years of age. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician