Swelling After Lip Fillers

they look so bad! my lips usually jessica alba sort of shape! is this just swelling and will it go down? please help im distraught thanks

its been around 48 hours and my lips look horrible soon as i left the room they looked bad ! i had dermal filler to my upper lip and its so swollen but not sore at all the middle bit of my lip is really fat and hanging down lips look sort of an M shape and this was really not what i wanted. i look so ugly and im so so depredded over it. please help. thanks x

Lips can be swollen and bruised right after injections

I wouldn’t worry about lips looking horrible 48 hours after dermal fillers because they can be swollen and bruised. You really have to give it up to a month to see the result. And, certainly the first 2 days you would expect them to be fuller because the products absorb water which will over-correct the lips slightly at first.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling After Lip Augmentation

Dear caz1984:

Lip swelling after augmentation with dermal fillers is not an uncommon occurrence.  The swelling should subside within the first week.  I would suggest following up with your physician in the next 1-2 weeks.  All the best.

Lip Injections and swelling

It is difficult to determine the results when there is swelling. I would wait a week or two until the swelling subsides to determine the full effect.  If you are still unhappy you can have Vitrase injected to dissolve the filler.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

It will take up to 2 weeks for the swelling to subside.

At 48 hours following your lip augmentation procedure, you are still swollen, which is masking your true results. Be patient and wait for the swelling to subside; final results can usually be seen after two weeks. If you are still unhappy with your lips after two weeks, visit your injector again for a follow-up visit to discuss your options. As a last resort, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve your filler.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Swelling

The best time to evaluate the results of your lip injection is 10-14 days post procedure. The end result typically looks very similar to the appearance of your lips directly after the injection was done- the rest is just swelling. Some people experience significant swelling for 3-4 days and slight swelling for up to 10 days. Contact your provider if swelling persists beyond the 2 week mark because this could indicate an infection. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Swelling after Restylane Silk Lip Enhancement

Restylane SILK can produce swelling in the lip just as Juvaderm Ultra XC can since they are both hyaluronic acids . Restylane SILK is  hydrophilic(water loving) , so water is drawn into the area with fast injection, causing exaggerated swelling. This is usually a temporary problem that will resolve with ice, benadryl orally and time. Contact your provider if the swelling persists or if you have increased pain.

#Restylanesideeffects #LIpswelling #lipenhancements

Lip Filler Side Effects

Patients typically experience some minor swelling that lasts a day or two after lip enhancement injections with Juvaderm Ultra or Restyane Silk  In rare cases, there could be minor bruising. Some patients bruise more easily than others. Some medications, if taken regularly, can increase the risk of bruising as well (fish oil, aspirin, vitamin e, etc.).  Using oral Arnica is a simple solution to quickly healing the signs of the injections.  
Within 5-7 days, the area will be improved.  Wait for swelling to subside to do any further touch-ups.

#Lipaugmentation  #RestylaneSILK   #JuvadermULTRA

Swelling after lip injection

Most swelling settles down within a week or two. See your injector if swelling lasts longer than that.

In the meantime, you can use cool packs to ease the swelling, placing them on your lips or 15 minute stretches 3-4 times a day. (your lips may be numb at the moment and doing short stretches with the ice pack minimizes the risk of frostbite).

Lip swelling

It is not unusual to have lip swelling for 24-48 hours after filler injection.  I would give it at least this long before becoming too concerned.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip swelling

Lip swelling just after injections is common. It is also common for the next few days. Give it some time and they probably will come down.