Can I get liposuction on my pubic area? (Photo)

I'm 20 years old, 200 pounds and 5'3" and for as long as I can remember my pubic area has been extremely chunky. I'm comfortable with my size but my pubic area has caused a lot of self hatred and embarrassment and I've finally decided that I can't live with it anymore. Can any ol plastic surgeon do this or do I have to find one that specializes in it? And what would the cost be?

Pubic Liposuction

Liposuction of the pubic area is done frequently and is typically quite effective.  I wouldn't suggest going to "any ol plastic surgeon" however.  It may be wise to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that performs liposuction with some regularity.  Have several consultations and do your homework to maximize your likelihood of a good outcome.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

It is very easy and quite common to suction the mons pubis area. This is an area that manywomen have treated when the undergo liposuction of their abdomen and/or a tummy tuck.

Thank you for your question and photos.  Liposuction of the mons can be performed as is a fairly common area that is liposuctioned.  Please be seen by a surgeon who is board-certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in liposuction to determine what the price would be as it varies from surgeon to surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Liposuction Of Pubic Area

Liposuction of the pubic area, known as the "mons" is actually very common. If that is the only area you would be interested in treating, your cost would probably be around $2000. To get a better idea, since every case is different, I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and more specific pricing.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Pubic liposuction

Liposuction of the pubic area is a commonly performed procedure.  This would likely help your concerns.  Any experienced board certified plastic surgeon would be a good choice.  Traditional liposuction could cost $2000 or more.  Laser liposuction techniques generally cost a bit more than this. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to the pubic area

Thanks for your question. Yes, liposuction to this area can be performed. Be sure to visit several board certified plastic surgeons.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question. That is actually a very good question and is much more common than you would think. It is completely reasonable to have liposuction in the pubic area and both men and women come in to see me with this complaint. It is an area where targeted fat lose is almost impossible so liposuction is a good option. 

You will get the best answer to your question by scheduling an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss your unique situation and concerns. The surgeon would meet with you, examine you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure in person and what to realistically expect. Then you can make an informed decision on which procedure(s) to start with according to your desires, recovery time necessary, your history and current health. The liposuction procedure is very rewarding for our patients. 

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You can get hi definition contouring to this area and above to blend all the area and make it less fat but also tighten.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction to the Mons

Thank you for your question, and for providing the pictures.

Yes, targeted liposuction of just the mons can be performed, if you'd like.  Prices usually vary based on type of anesthesia and some geographic patterns.  I recommend you call around to a few plastic surgery practices to get an idea of the cost in your area.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Liposuction of the pubic area is easily performed under local anesthesia.

Liposuction of the Mons is very easily performed with local anesthesia alone. Patients excessively sensitive to pain can be pretreated with oral medication.