Will there be any weight loss or lose any inches with cool sculpting? I am planning 3 cool max repeated twice on my abdomen.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting will contour those areas.
It is not associated with weight loss

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting will contour those areas.
It is not associated with weight loss

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is an FDA approved means of contouring the body through cryolipolisis technology. Although you can definitely lose inches, it is not meant as a weight loss procedure. CoolSculpting works best if you have areas of fat that you wish to reduce or contour, and in most people will reduce fat by 20 to 30%. At my practice we also use Zimmer Z-Wave in place of a manual massage in order to achieve the best possible results, up to 40%. I would suggest having a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist and discussing your goals in order to make sure that CoolSculpting is the best choice for you.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Weight loss with CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is not meant for weight loss; it's meant for reducing fullness due to fat.  That means that your weight may not change at all, but you should expect to be smaller in the treatment areas, so your measurements may change.

Weight loss with CoolSculpting

Weight/inch loss after Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a fat loss procedure not a weight loss procedure.  Fat doesn't weigh as much as muscle so most patient don'e loose pounds from Coolsculpting.  You may however see or measure some fat loss in the area after 3 months.  Every patient is different so the amount of fat loss varies from patient to patient.  Consult with you Coolsculpting technician so they can give you better answers after an examination.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Weight/inch loss after Coolsculpting

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results

Coolsculpting is a fabulous machine for reducing a bulge in a given area, and is especially popular in the abdomen.  It is not a weight loss device.  Most patient who continue to exercise and maintain a healthy life style will tell us that their clothes fit better and that they have gone down a size or more depending on how many areas were treated.  Please consult a physician who specializes in coolsculpting for the best results.

Coolsculpting and Results

Weight loss vs Inches with Cool Max

Coolsculpting is not a weight loss solution.  You will lose volume as the fat cells die and clothing will fit you better but I would not judge your results off the inches or what the scale may read for your weight. Hope this helps.

Weight loss vs Inches with Cool Max

Weight loss vs Inch loss with Coolsculpting

This is a good and extremely common question.

Most patients report inch loss and clothes fitting better overall rather than weight loss.  The fat cells being treated are very 'fluffy' so to speak.  Their elimination will make much more of a contour difference than noticeable change on the scale....like removing stuffing from a pillow.
  For the very best results, try to combine your treatments with a manageable diet and exercise routine.
Best of luck.

Best of luck.

Coolscultping and Weight Loss

Non invasive options are not best for weight loss, they can help small problem areas.  Coolsculpting is only minimal for skin tightening but it does do some.  If you are looking for contouring and tightening I suggest a hi definition procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolscultping and Weight Loss

CoolSculpting loss of inches or pounds

Dear mcerna:

This is a common question from CoolSculpting (CS) patients.

CS is a non-surgical but limited technique to make the fat within skin bumps and bulges to die. My best educated guess is that a CoolMax may lose up to 100 grams of fat and the smaller Cool-applicators may lose up to 50 grams of fat per session. The CoolSmooth may lose up to 25 grams of fat.  454 grams of fat is an approximate of a pound of fat. 

A series of sessions of CS around the tummy will reduce the circumference of the waist or abdomen, ie, inches but without a lifestyle change in calories consumed and / or calories expended, you will maintain weight and redistribute those calories as fat elsewhere.  

Therefore, CS is a great motivator and adjunct to losing inches and improving contour particularly in inherited areas when done in multiple sessions. It will not reduce weight. Therefore, 3 CoolMax applications may lose you up to 300 grams of fat (about 2/3 pound) but only if you keep it off.

I recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to re-evaluate your options. All the best!

CoolSculpting loss of inches or pounds

Dear mcerna:

CoolSculpting

You will see inches lost but not weight.  Generally fat doesnt weight much therefore you wont see a difference when you get on the scale.

CoolSculpting