I've had CoolSculpting done twice. Should I do it again? (Photo)

I recently had cool sculpting done. The 1st x w/ 2 handles 1 left & 1right side of lower abdomen in may. The 2nd x was one handle in the middle of the abdomen done towards end of june. I am now left with a small pooch of concentrated fat right in the lower middle abdomen which bothers me greatly. my question is should I have tumescent liposuction done or another round of cool sculpting? I am very fit and lean and workout 5 times a week but cannot seem to get the pouch. thanks for your help

Again!

You have had such great results from your past treatments I would think your stomach would be a suitable area to have treated with one of the smaller applicators of CoolSculpting.  During your consultation make sure that there is actually a pocket of fat to treat and that it is not extra skin.  Great job on your workouts! 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

CS again

If there is still fat there, I would do CS again.  If it is mostly skin, I would speak to a plastic surgeon about a mini-tuck.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting has given you some great results
If you have enough to fit into an applicator then I would try that again
If not, liposuction is an option.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

I've had CoolSculpting done twice. Should I do it again?

I think the question is do you have enough fat to fit in the transducer head. If you do then you could have another CoolSculpting. If not then you will probably need liposuction with a small cannula.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Going for a 3rd treatment

From the looks of the photos it looks like you could have another round of Coolsculpting done. In the photos I would place the Coolcore head to the lower abdomen at a slight upward angle. However I would recommend having a face to face consult to see if there is enough fat to draw between the cooling panels and see where the fat cells are more distributed.  Each time the cooling head is applied you will receive about an 25% reduction.  Keep in mind you start to see results between 4-12 weeks.  Keep up the hard work at the gym!

Coolsculpting for the abdominal pouch

Coolsculpting is an amazing procedure and is especially designed for the small pouch.  I would do coolsculpting again after a consultation with a board certified dermatologist.  You may also need Thermage to tighten the abdominal skin.  I often perform both procedures in this abdominal area to have the best cosmetic results.

CoolSculpting versus Liposuction Contouring

Dear aak111:

Thanks for sharing your photos. They show a remarkable improvement in fat reduction and the beginnings of a liposuction-like contouring. 

As you know, CoolSculpting (CS) is tried and true but it is limited. Continuing your journey with CS is a non-surgical approach to reasonably achieve a "Treatment to Transformation" or small lipocontouring-like result.

Liposuction performed incorrectly in thin patients may lead to skin irregularity.Keep up the diet and exercise and follow-up on the mild residual areas of skin and fat redundancy with CS. I think you are on the right track. 

Discuss your desires and expectations and limitations with your CS Specialist. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

It is great that you have gotten such good result from this noninvasive technique.  If on your exam you have enough fat for a small applicator then that would be worth it.

More coolsculpting vs lipo

In your case if the bulge is fat I would do another round of coolsculpting with the small applicator. If it does not give u what you want then opt for some liposuction.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting versus liposuction

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos.  I would say that if you see positive changes with each round, then you may want to stick with Coolsculpting.  If part of the pooch is associated with moderate to high degree of skin laxity, then a mini-tummy tuck may be a better option than liposuction or Coolsculpting.  Since Coolsculpting is non-surgical, it would be very reasonable to try this first.