Can CoolSculpting be given for 30 to 45 min instead of 1 hour? Will the results be the same? How often can I give in other area?

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is a set routine of 60 mins (75 for large applicator)
Thats whats been studied for best results

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting in 30-45 minutes?

During your treatment, an applicator is applied to the target area where the tissue is drawn into a vacuum cup and controlled cooling is delivered in order to effectively cool the fat cells for them to undergo Apoptosis, a natural cell death.

Depending on the attachment device used its take 60 to 120 minutes to effectively cool the fat cells.Under treating an area would result in less reduction and overall outcome. Our practice offers a comfortable relaxing setting making your treatment  as pleasurable as possible. 

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting in just 30-45 minutes?

CoolSculpting cannot be done in 30-45 minutes.  The treatments are specifically designed to last 60-75 minutes per cycle.  My practice has two machines, so we can do DualSculpting, which does reduce the overall treatment time, but each individual cycle is still 60-75 minutes.  Shorter treatment times mean undertreatment and less results.

Carmen Kavali, MD

One hour

The CS applicator has to be applied for one hour.  In my practice, we do Dualsculpting which cuts the time in half.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Duration

For the traditional suction applicators, a CoolSculpting treatment will take one hour.  This is the amount of time needed to effectively cool the treated area to therapeutic temperature and induce the programmed cell death of the fat cells.  The new flat applicator takes an hour and 15 minutes for treatment (with the flat applicators, the tissue is battling against the heat of the underlying tissue, so it takes more time for the tissue to reach the therapeutic temperature).

If you are seeing a provider who suggests a shorter treatment time, I would ensure they are using the Zeltiq branded CoolSculpting machine.  Typically, if the treatment time is not an hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes, the office is using a "knockoff device" that is not FDA approved.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Shorter CoolSculpting time?

Dear hetvi bar:

CoolSculpting (CS) is a tried and true fat reducing non-surgical procedure. Once the applicator is placed, there is a pre-configured suction and cooling phase to optimize the treatment. It is not possible to shorten the cycle without stopping the cycle. This will shorten the cooling and suction phases and you will not adequately achieve the temperature required to achieve apoptosis (the controlled cell death) desired by choosing this technique. 

You may perform serial CS sessions to achieve a “Treatment to Transformation” or minor lipocontouring effect.

Please take the time to achieve the best you can with the investment you have made. Choose a Certified CoolSculpting Specialist and his / her team carefully. 

I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

A CoolSculpting cycle takes a full hour per treatment area to freeze the fat so that the fat cells implode. There is no way to shorten the cycle. You can perform any activity while the procedure is being done, as long as you can do it with the applicator applied to the fatty area being treated. That should help the time fly by!

Coolsculpting cycles are for one hour each area

Coolsculpting is a special process whereby the bulge is "frozen" in a given area and fat is reduced by 25% in that area.  The applicators are attached to the treated area and a cycle for one hour needs to be completed to have the anticipated results.  The machine is on a timer that is set for one hour and calculated and designed to achieve the bests results.

Coolsculpting cycles are 1 hour for suction applicators

Coolsculpting treatments are 1 hour (60 min) for the suction applicators and 1 hour and 15 min (75 min) for the CoolSmooth flat applicator.  Any time less than that indicated is possibly less effective and will not give you the best results.

Grant Stevens, MD