Why do I have bumps and ingrown hairs for over 2 months in my pubic area after laser hair removal? (photos)

I did 2 full Brazilian laser hair removal treatments over 2 months. I've seen my dermatologist for the bumps/ingrown hairs and she said that they should go away in a few weeks. It's been a few weeks since then and it nothing has changed. I am a relatively dark skinned person so there are many pigmented spots on my pubic area due to the ingrown hairs. They are not painful but aren't they supposed to fall out? Will the small bumps (that no longer have the hair follicle) disappear as well?

Bumps & Ingrown hair following Laser Hair Removal?

Hello, thank you for your question and for including a photo. Laser hair reduction is definitely a series of treatments, usually 6-8 treatments done 4 weeks apart in this area.  Since you have only completed 2 treatments, it is possible that you will continue to get bumps and ingrown follicles in the area.  The bumps and pigmentation will improve over time, making the area treated almost blemish free once you have rid the area of all follicles.Good Luck!

Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal - Seek an Expert

I suggest more laser hair removal treatments to ensure there are no remaining hairs.  Pores will remain.  Best, Dr. Emer.