Can I have liposuction of the jawline if I had jaw surgery 9 years ago?

I had jaw surgery on the lower jaw with plates running along the jaw bone, and a chin reconstruction with a 'pin'. The surgeon at the time recommended that I get liposcuplture of the jaw line at the same time but we couldn't afford it. so what I want to know is if its still safe to do the lipo at this point in time, with the jaw plating having healed.

Liposuction Under the Chin

We perform liposuction of the neck and chin area regularly in my practice.  Previous jaw surgery should not prevent you from having this procedure.  The fat that is being removed resides in a plane that is below the skin but well above the bony tissues.  

Liposuction of the Jawline

The jawline is a very difficult area to liposuction. There are also very few reasons to liposuction the area. However, deformity after trauma is one of the reasons to do so. See a plastic surgeon very experienced in liposuction.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of jawline

Liposuction of the jawline and neck can be safely done despite hardware in your chin and jaw. The bones are deep and unaffected by the more superficial fatty tissue that is removed during liposuction over your lower chin and neck area. I would recommend a few consultations to determine your candidacy and what kind of results you might expect from liposuction in that area.

Liposuction After Jaw Surgery

Yes you can if performed correctly this shouldnt be an issue.  I just did my best friends jawline and he has a chin implant and had jawline reconstruction a few years ago.  Find someone with expertise who specializes in body contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Yes sure nothing than might jeopardize previous bone fixation

lypo  could be a simple with local anesthesie,getting a nice  and safe improvement on  jaw line, and this surelly will satisfy to you, of curse you should be wearing an elastic compressive garment for several days after surgery

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Jawline Liposuction with Indwelling Metal Hardware

Your indwelling metal hardware will have no impact on liposuction of the jawline which is done below and more superficial to where these devices reside.

Liposuction of jaw

Yes, it is possible to be able to have liposuction of the jaw line or submittal and to not impact your previous jaw surgery and plates. Good luck.

Liposuction after jaw surgery

There should be no problem having liposuction or other similar procedures around your neck or jaw assuming you healed well and have had no problems with your jaw hardware.

Liposuction of the neck/jawline after jaw surgery

The main concern is the scarring that could be present - that said I would not expect you to have any problems with liposuction after jaw surgery, but this could be confirmed by an in-person exam.

Lipo

Thank you for your question and answering without an examination YES liposuction is safe

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD