Does my stomach look normal for 8 weeks post op? (Photo)

I had traditional liposuction to abdomen and flanks almost 8 weeks ago. I know it's normal to look a little uneven at first since I still have swelling. Is this looking normal so far?? I went to my dr 2 weeks ago and gave me a shot in my stomach. He's also 5 hrs away. I've also done a few lymphatic drainage massages and wear a garnent all the time. I'm just worried I'll need a revision or some thing.

Uneven result after lipo

Your belly wall does appear to have some surface irregularities. I think it is too early to be overly worried. Yes, you may need some small touch-ups in the future. However in the mean time I would massage, massage, massage, I think over time ( months) you might be surprised in the improvement. Consider also wearing you garment as pressure helps to make scars better. Stick with you plastic surgeon and allow him / her to get you through this issue.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Does my stomach look normal for 8 weeks post op?

One of the known outcomes of liposuction is surface irregularities. Textbooks quote this to occur in ~20% of patients undergoing liposuction. These irregularities can be from areas of under-suction or areas of over-suction. If there is a pocket or multiple pockets of fat secondary to under-suction this can be corrected with some touch up liposuction. This can be done under local anesthesia in the office and some plastic surgeons will not charge you for this (it is always best to know your plastic surgeon's policies up front before undergoing any procedures). If the irregularity is from over-suction then this will require some fat grafting to correct. There could also be both issues in play at the same time. I never recommend for my patients to get any sort of touch up until it has been at least 3-6months as improvement can still occur. Try to be patient and give your body more time to heal.

Uneven result after lipo

Sorry to hear about your concerns. It appears that your fat harvest was uneven with some thicker areas remaining. Revision lipo will be helpful in smoothing things out and your operating surgeon should give you a price break on this . . . Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Uneven swelling

At 8 weeks you are still too early to see your final results.  Based on the photos you may have some uneven swelling at this point. I recommend vigorous massage to these areas to break up scar tissue and decrease edema.  If the irregular contours do not smooth out, you may need a touch up. You should continue to follow the advice of your PS. Best of luck with your recover.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Really needed to post a before photo for comparison. But your skin excess might be the issues. As a possible borderline case you needed to understand pre operatively the higher risk of skin irregularities.. Now I might try Injection Lipolysis treatments to each "hill" area .two or 3 sessions (cost per session $600++).

Periumbilical fat has to be aggressively pursued for good liposuction result.

You are still healing but it looks as though there may be some persistent periumbilical fat.  This might require a revision.

Does my stomach look normal for 8 weeks post op

Thank you for submitting your question. Too early in your recovery. Swelling (lumps and bumps) after liposuction will last for many weeks after surgery. Final results take 6-12 months. Continue to use your contour garment, minimize activities and lymphatic massage help with the swelling. Discuss your concerns with your Plastic surgeon.