Smell worse after 2nd Miradry?

3 days post my 2nd miradry (level 5) and my bromhidrosis has actually increased. I now smell like raw onions whereas before I smelled like stale body odor. I am using antibacterial wash and deodorant as I'm having to go to work but the smell is still quite strong. This did not happen after first miradry. Why is the smell worse? Is this normal? Is this temporary? I had miradry done for odor only, I have no wetness.

Smells like raw onions

A very interesting problem.  Perhaps the chemicals in the products you are applying under your arms may be having a reaction with with your skin.  Have you been eating a lot of onions?

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Bromhidrosis worse after miradry?

I am truly sorry you are experiencing this. It is not typical that you would get this kind of result, or that you would need a 3rd treatment. I would give it at least 12 weeks from your 2nd treatment and then return to your healthcare professional and be sure they have treated you at the highest level (5) and are using an appropriately sized template. 

I hope this helps you. 

#bromhidrosis  #rawonions #sweatandodorglands

Persistent bromhidrosis following Miradry 3 days post procedure

I have not seen this before, but I have heard that when it occurs it is seen early and then it resolves by three months.
If this continues after 3 months I recommend that you visit yout treatment physician.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Bromhidrosis after miraDry

My experience has been that bromhidrosis improves after miraDry. I have not seen any of my patients report that the bromhidrosis got worse after the miraDry procedure.

Best
Dr Hratch Karamanoukian