Eyebrow transplant or micro blading? (Photo)

I have very sparse thin eyebrows from genetics & a little over plucking. I was just wondering which would be the best option for me, an eyebrow transplant or micro blading based upon my eyebrow type and texture

Eyebrow transplant

You are a young female, I would suggest a eyebrow transplant over ink.  Eyebrow transplant would give you a more natural appearance.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant vs microblading

My only concern is that your hypotrychia was partially caused by over plucking.  If this was the sole cause of your hair loss, then you may not be a great candidate for transplants - that being said, it does not sound as though that is the only cause of your hair loss in the brows.  Transplants to the eyebrows are a permanent, very natural solution to this problem.  You can get a great result that will be long lasting and can always be touched up with either more transplants or fine microblading.  Microblading has its own issues - tattoo ink can fade over time requiring multiple touch ups over years, loss of natural appearance and giving you an "older" look simply because there is no hair there, etc.  I suggest you seek someone in consultation who is experienced and can give you an honest assessment - for example, in my office my esthetician does some of the best micro-blading I have ever seen.  I will send her patients who I believe will do best with micro blading after consulting with them and seeing what their goals and expectations are, and she will send me patients the other way around as well when she encounters someone who would benefit more from transplants than microblading.  I hope some of this helps.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant vs tattoo

jadenML,The problem with tattoos in the eyebrows is that the inks often time change color becoming green, or purple in some patients. Tattoos also do not appear natural because there  is no hair. A properly performed eyebrow transplant will appear natural is more permanent.Sincerely,
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant is more Natural Than Tattoo

If done correctly by an artistic surgeon you can achieve great results with eyebrow transplantation. 

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrows

Microblading is a semi-permanent method of enhancing eyebrows with tattoo pigments. The brows appear darker first, but fades over the 10 days to two weeks following treatment. The results last from 1 to 3 years. Touch ups once a year are recommended to retain the shape and saturation of the pigment.Hair Transplants in contrast are permanent. They will require trimming, however, as the transplanted hair grows like scalp hair.Microblading, as it fades, can be always be followed by Transplants, if desired.

Eric R. Holzer, MD
Pleasanton Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow hair transplant

An Eyebrow hair transplant is a good procedure and can restore your eyebrows back to normal. Tattooing can also be done but it is not real hair.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon