After how many months does sculptra stop building collagen?

I had 4 vials of Sculptra my last 2 a week ago. After reading reviews I'm now worried I will have a fat face. Worried

Sculptra's full effect takes about 6 weeks to fully appreciate

It will take about 6 weeks to get the effects of collagen building.  There are some subtle changes over the next 7 mos or so, but not much volumizing effect.  If you are too full, you just have to wait it out and let the effects gradually diminish over then next couple years.  It is extremely important to choose the right doctor for these long lasting fillers.  

Sculptra injections to the face

Sculptra is an excellent stimulatory filler and it is hard to assess how much your face will improve without photographs. Maintain a positive approach and continue to massage the Sculptra.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Sculptra and longevity

Sculptra is an amazing product that builds up slowly after several weeks.  Over the course of 4 to 6 weeks your body's natural collagen begins to form.  It is a great process that will last about two years.  I inject one vial at a time to ensure a slow steady build of collagen with natural results.

Sculptra Results

The results can last up to 2 years. Some patients need periodic touch up treatments to maintain the desired youthful effects. After receiving the treatment plan outlined by your dermatologist, the skins appearance after Sculptra injections will continue to improve for several months as the new collagen grows.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Follow up with your doctor

Sculptra is a great product to restore a more youthful, natural look. Sculptra will last up to two years; it will replenish lost volume by stimulating growth of your own natural collagen. Consult with your doctor about Sculptra, it may be time to get more volume.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculptra

Sculptra is an amazing product that builds up slowly after several weeks. Over the course of several weeks your body's natural collagen begins to form. It is a process that will last about two years. Generally I inject 1 or 2 vials of Sculptra at a time.  Most patients need between 6 to 8 vials of sculptra to get the desired look,  typically waiting between 4 to 6 weeks in between treatments.

Thank you,

Dr. Newen

Peter Newen, MD

Scuptra effects are gradual over a six month period

I have been doing Sculptra since 2003, when I trained in Geneva prior to FDA approval here in the US. Most patients need 3-6 vials over 3-4 sessions, each spaced with 6 weeks in between. Placement is crucial to results, and it is always easier to add than to subtract when injecting a semi-permanent filler like Sculptra. Four vials in an expert's hands will never make your face look fat. I have had patients who initially thought they had no result after 12 weeks, only to be thrilled at 6 months. Sculptra requires skill from the injector and patience form the patient.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Sculptra results

12 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to assess any collagen formation, including new collagen stimulated by Sculptra injection. Incidentally, this also explains why laser results can take months to appear. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Effects continue for 2-4 months

We love Sculptra as a nice, subtle, natural build-up for collagen in the face that has lost volume with aging.  Generally collagen production occurs over 2-4 months after treatment, and we typically re-treat as early as 2months.  We prefer to use only 1 vial (about 8cc) per visit, and build up gradually-- this also helps to avoid lumps.  As a general rule, you may expect to need about 1 vial for each decade of life (so a 50 year old may need about 5 vials over 5 sessions), but this can, of course, vary greatly from patient to patient.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

When does Sculptra start growing

in most cases it will grow and fill in for about 4, sometimes 6 months. I think following up with your injector is a good idea

Julio Garcia, MD