I have thick, dark hairs that have started to grow under my belly button. What is my best option for removal?

Shaving it doesn't help much as you can still see that dark spot of hair. I have tweezed, which has removed the full hair and root. But then I have ingrowns that come in. Then I have to use tweezers to dig to get the ingrowns which results in redness and bleeding and it looks just terrible. I havent tried any hair removal creams, or waxing. Before I go there, what are some suggestions.

Laser Hair Removal Under Belly Button

Thank you for the question. Laser Hair Removal is a great option for this area. It will take 6-9 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart in this area. You cannot tweeze or wax the area before or during treatment. Doing so removes the hair follicles the laser targets. I recommend having an in person consultation with an expert

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Remove hair around belly button with laser

This is an easy area to treat with laser hair removal. This will improve ingrown hairs. You might need topicals to help with PIH from your plucking. Make sure the doc uses the proper laser for your skin type.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

What is best option for removal of hair?

Hello, thank you for your question. Laser hair removal is a excellent option.  LHR is a series of treatments, usually 6-8 treatments spaced 8 weeks apart in this area.  With eliminating the follicles all together, you significantly reduce the chances of ingrown hairs.  You will need to stop waxing or plucking the hairs while you are completing the series of treatments as this will disrupt the growth cycle.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal

Laser hair removal works well on dark hair and will remove the need for plucking, waxing , or creams.  It will require a series of treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart, but is the most 'permanent' solution.  If there are only a few hairs, waxing or creams may be the more cost effective solution for now.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal for dark hair

Laser is usually the best option to reduce the growth of dark hair.  There are different lasers available depending on the color of the hair and your skin type.  See an expert for the best and safest treatment.  

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Best option available is laser hair removal

I suggest seeing an expert for treatment options.  This area is easily treated with laser hair removal and will require a series of treatments, but will give you better results after each session. Diode lasers are typically the best treatment for laser hair removal. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.