Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma dos and don'ts?

Juvaderm and Juvaderm voluma what should you not use on your face if anything going forward? Does losing weight affect your results?

Here's What You Should & Shouldn't Do After Treatment

Good questions. Both fillers will give you an immediate result, and there is nothing you should do afterward other than to apply ice. I tell patients to avoid makeup application for 6 hours and to avoid strenuous activity for the rest of the day to decrease swelling and bruising. Weight loss does not affect the filler that has been injected. You may lose volume as a result of weight loss and then require more filler to re-establish the volume. Thanks for your questions!

Juvederm

Losing weight will have no effect on the Voluma or Juvederm product itself; however, weight loss may cause you to lose some of your natural volume in the cheeks which can make you appear more gaunt and less youthful.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Dos and Don'ts after Juvederm and Voluma

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm and Voluma.

• Once you have the filler - enjoy it.
  • You can have additional treatments such as peels, skin care, etc
  • Losing weight will not affect the filler - you will lose fullness in your face since some fat in the face will disappear.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma

Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma are fantastic injections for restoring facial volume.  Voluma gives an immediate lift to the malar area and gives a natural facial rejuvenation.  There is no contraindication in topical therapy with these injections.  If you lose weight and you lose weight in your face then you may require more product injected.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Juvederm you will have the best cosmetic results.

Juvederm after care

Juvederm treatments are very popular and effective for facial volume rejuvenation.
The after care really depends on what are some of the additional procedures that are planned.
We frequently recommend chemical peels, sunscreen use as well as optimized skin care.
These treatments can enhance and maintain your Juvederm results.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma dos and don'ts

There are no topical creams I can think of that are contraindicated after Juvederm products.  I would wait several hours before putting on creams to make sure the needle punctures are closed.  It is not recommended to have sun exposure, extreme heat exposure or to work out for 24 hours after the procedure.  If you want to lose (a lot of) weight consider doing this before you have your filler treatment because you could lose volume in your face and need to be retreated with filler.  Good luck and enjoy.  This does not constitute official medical advice.  Please seek a consultation in person.

Debra M. Kroll, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvedderm preparatioon

You can do whatever you normally do for your skin care.   There is no special preparation.  Do not get sunburned but of course you should never get sunburned.    After Juvederm orJuvederm Voluma  Proceed as usual with skin care and wear coverup and sunscreen as usual.  My Best,  Dr C