How long should I wear compression socks after surgery?

I've noticed that girls wear compression socks after a bbl surgery. Why it recommended that girls wear them and how long after surgery should they be worn?

Different doctors different recommendations

We usually recommend compression garments for two weeks after surgery.

Generally, I recommend wearing the garments for 24 to 48 hours continuously. After that, you can wear them on and off for the next two weeks.

Please follow your specific surgeon's instructions.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Compression socks

Hello, thank you for your question. Compression socks should be used as long as you are bedridden, the thing is that liposuction compression garments go as far down as the knees, sometimes these garments are just a bit tight on the thighs and that tends to produce some swelling on the legs, to avoid this, I tell my patients to keep the compression socks as much as possible until the swelling subsides a bit and the fit becomes a little looser. 

Jose Leon, MD