What Kind of Surgery Will Correct my Uneven Top Lip Due to Injury?

I busted my top lip really bad about three months ago. i didnt get stitches. instead, i let it heal on its own. now im left with what appears to be extrA hanging skin on the right side of my lip. what can i do to correct this ?

Doctor Answers 7

Scar revision and layered closure for a lip scar

Surgical lip scar revision can help improve the contour of your upper lip after the traumatic scar that you have developed. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Uneven lip

sound like you needed some sort of surgical repair with your trauma. please seek help and evaluation form a board certified plastic surgeon.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Correcting uneven lip after injury

I recommend that you see a plastic surgeon for an assessment to find out what can be done to help you. It is likely that a scar revision may be able to improve the appearance of your lip.

Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision of Traumatic Lip Deformity

This is a common problem that Plastic Surgeons are well versed in correction. A scar revision with or without correction of any underlying muscle injury can be done as an office procedure in most cases.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Correction of Lip Scar

Lip lacerations, even if they are properly sutured, can result in uneven or prominent scars.  These scars often can be significantly improved with a scar revision surgery.  I suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  I believe they will be able to help.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Corrective Surgery to Top Lip

There is a possible non surgical and surgical intervention for this correction, but the  surgical correction of the vermilion border of the lips would be the most beneficial.

Elliot M. Heller, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

Surgery to correct uneven lip

Thank you for the question. Without photos and more importantly in person exam it would be difficult to answer you question. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.