Keratosis pilaris & hair removal. Which procedure would be best for my legs and arms?

I have Keratosis pilaris on my extremities and a few ingrown hairs. Which procedure (laser hair removal or electrolysis) will permanently remove the hair on my legs & arms?

Laser hair removal is the best reatment for ingrown hairs

Ingrown hairs anywhere on the body respond best to laser treatments.  Gentlelase (alexandrite) laser works for almost all skin tyoes, but NdYag can be used for the darker African-American tones.  Topical treatments with retinoids and glycolic acid improve the response and help prevent discoloration, and will smooth the papules of keratosis pilaris.

Keratosis Pilaris and Ingrown Hairs and removal of hair

Laser Hair Removal is the easiest and least painful method of removing your hair.   I would suggest the Gentle Lase if you have light skin and dark hair or Gentle Yag if you have darker complexion.  The laser hair is quick and easy and permanent.  Keratosis Pilaris is a form of eczema and will not be affected by the laser hair removal. As with all cosmetic procedures please find a board certified dermatologist with experience in lasers for the best results.

Ingrowns, keratosis pilaris, laser...

Either electrolysis or laser hair removal will work to remove hair thus getting rid of future issues with in-grown hairs. Electrolysis takes a long time, from what I understand, where as laser is quicker. However, ingrown might be worse during the hair removal process sue to shaving and the laser treatment itself.

If you choose to use glycolics or retinoids/retinols on the areas affected by kertosis pilaris, please be aware that you should not laser those areas. Those products make the skin more light sensitive and increase your chance of burning.