7 years post op. Arm lipo left my arms lumpy with Irregularities. What can I do? (Photo)

My arms were always on the heavy side, even at 112lbs! The P/S I visited at the time said I was an excellent candidate for ARM LIPO. However, I believe he took so much out, it left my arms looking like they're covered in cellulite, along with irregularities and lumpy looking skin! I have done: thermage 3x's over 3 years and fraxel 1927. I workout and my arms have great tone...any other options? I thinking Cellulaze? Please help!

An Arm Lift Can Help Smooth Skin

Whatever the cause of the present dilemma, I am willing to bet that pulling the skin tighter will help to smooth out the irregularities you have in your upper arms.  Sometimes liposuction is not the answer to the problem especially when we have too much skin in any given area.  In those cases, the extra skin doesn't allow for a firm hold of the remaining fat and it can look worse after the procedure is done.
If you came into my office, I would have to examine you, but we would certainly be having at least a conversation about a formal arm lift operation to help you get the best looking arms possible.

Lumps Post Liposuction

I suggest going to a revision specialist for evaluation as you likely have scar that developed and either need something non invasive to break it apart such as Velashape or Venus treatments or will need contouring done again with fat grafting.  It is best you find an expert in this field who only specializes in this as this is a very difficult thing to fix.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lumpiness after Liposuction to the Arms

This is obviously a difficult problem. A possible option is careful selective fat grafting. It appears you have areas of scar that are adherent to the fascia and have no fat beneath them, therefore the lumpiness. This may require multiple sessions. Fat does soften the deeper tissues and scar, we have seen this in the breast scar after reconstruction. I hope this helps
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic surgery

Lumpiness after Liposuction to the Arms

I'm sorry to hear about all you've gone through. I know that must be distressing. If only undoing liposuction were possible...

Cellulaze works be dividing the fibers that tether the skin that cause cellulite as well as inducing tightening of the undersurface of the skin. Those tethers are prominent on the back of the thighs, which is where Cellulaze is done most frequently. However, your lumps aren't so much from fibrous tethers, but from missing lobules of fat. Cellulaze might help, but it would probably work modestly at best.

You could consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who does fat transfers. Because the result could be worse than what you have, do your homework to make sure the plastic surgeon is reputable and will give you an honest answer. 

Click on the link below for help on how to find a good plastic surgeon.

Best of luck.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Treating an unsatisfactory liposuction

Thank you so much for your question about improving your liposuction result.

I am so sorry you have this result. It suggests your surgeon removed more fat than needed.
Cellulaze will not help - if the photo is correct in suggesting that this is from irregular contour and loose skin.
I know of no surgeons who only do revisions of other surgeons' work.
But definitely find the most experienced surgeon you have and work on a logical analysis -
how much is loose skin, how much irregular fat contour, how much is fat loss.
From this a treatment plan can be developed.

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!