Halos at night 6 months after PRK , particularly at seeing the traffic and street lights. Any suggestions?

Hi, I had my PRK done on march 7 2016. I was told by my surgeon that it would take 3 months for the eye to develop clear vision.However, i am deeply concerned as it has been more than 6 months and i still cannot see properly during the night. For example, when i focus my eyes on a traffic light or a street light particularly , it appears to have a stretched image. I strongly believe that this is not gonna improve.Any help or a suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Halos at Night

As you were told, night vision symptoms typically improve with time. However, if it has not improved after several months, you should get reevaluated by your surgeon. Frequently, treatable conditions such as residual refractive error, ocular surface problems, or other conditions may cause your symptoms.  If needed, an enhancement to your primary procedure is certainly a possibility.

Bakersfield Ophthalmologist

Halos at night after LASIK

you are going to need to use alphagan drops to see if this is pupil-size relatedif they help, then it is, and you have 2 options:

1. if your symptoms aren't that bad or frequent, just use alphagan when you drive a car at night

2. if your symptoms are very frequent and bad  you will need a WIDE ZONE HD LASEK ON TOP OF THE PRIOR LASIK FLAP + INTRAOP MMC TO PREVENT SCARRING

Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
New York Ophthalmologist