What can be done to fix this? I have a disproportionate face; one side of my cheek is bigger? (Photos)

What can be done to fix this? I have a disproportionate face; one side of my cheek is bigger?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is excess fat in front and below the cheeks (more on one side which makes that side of the face appear more full, the chin is weak as is the posterior (back) portion of the jaw line.  These combine to create an elongated, wide rectangularly shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  This would be combined with facial liposuction to reduce the excess fat for further shaping of the face and cheeks.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  

Hope this helps.

Nonsurgical Cheek Augmentation With Injectable Volumizing Fillers Can Help To Restore Facial Asymmetry

It is not clear from your question if the bigger cheek or the opposite side is the more the aesthetically troublesome for you. From the photos provided, your right side is the less projecting. If this troubles you, then the use of a volumizing filler, such as Voluma XC, which would be my choice for this in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, or Stylage XXL  (which would be my choice in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved injectable volumizers are available). Alternatively, the cheekbone regions could initially both be accentuated with volumizers. On your left side this might secondarily give a bit of a lift to the mid cheek, which might give some narrowing of the mid cheek region. A small amount of midface volumizer may then be used in the right cheek for balance. As a test, your physician might first inject some saline or dilute anesthetic solution can be injected (which for the five minutes or so that the effect will last) might give you a reasonable, real-world idea of how you would look after actual treatment. You would be wise to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician and ask to see before and after photos before proceeding. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD