I have done cool sculpting with L carnitine injections on outer hips and thighs, three weeks ago but no visible results yet.

I am 40 years old female with 5ft 3 inch height and 154 pound weight. As I was struggling to loose weight for the last 7 months via diet and exercise but still after having cryolipo with carnitine injections I haven't got any result. so last week I decided to have my thyroid checked and diagnosed with hypothyroidism. is still there any chance that my cool sclupting treatment will help me.

Coolsculpting results

Coolsculpting results are sometimes noticeable within the few days while other times it may take up to 12 weeks. With people who had less fat in the targeted area, it is hardly visible just by looking at it. The result should be obvious on "before and after pictures" and lost inches. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

You need to wait a minimum of 4 weeks, but will still be seeing results up to 3 months after.  I would wait the full 3 months to determine if the treatment was successful.  Good luck with your transformation.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Too Soon To Tell--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone, Exilis Ultra to improve results

Yes, it's still too soon to tell what your results will be and it shouldn't be negatively impacted by your hypothyroidism. Coolsculpting results will be apparent in 3-4 months. With Coolsculpting, I recommend adding a combination of radiofrequency treatments like Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra for skin tightening and with Z wave/Cellutone for skin smoothing in order to get the best results. However, for the best results with contouring and fat removal, I recommend VASER HI DEF, with ThermiRF and ultrasound. See an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Give it more time

Hi!

First of all not all cryolipolysis devices are the same so it is important to confirm if you had coolsculpting or another treatment. It is more common to see results between 4 & 8 weeks so try to be a little bit more patient. For weight loss patients, it is important to continue with diet and exercise. Coolsculpting has not been designed for weight loss, but is intended to help reshape stubborn areas. I agree with Dr Stevens response as well, that multiple treatments maybe necessary.

Ravi Jain, MBBS
London Physician

Coolsculpting 3 weeks ago

Without seeing you, it's difficult to say if you are (or were) a great candidate for Coolsculpting to begin with.  Assuming you were a good candidate 3 weeks is the earliest you would see even the slightest result so don't worry.  Give it at least 8 weeks until you start to evaluate your results and know you will continue to have improvement through week 12.  One treatment is often not sufficient to achieve desired results--it's incremental progress.  Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD