Dark shadow on inner thighs after zeltiq CoolSculpting 3 months ago (Photo)

will this dark shadow on my inner thighs disappear? is this part of the process? or was there meant to be another area done to overlap this one so that this shadow did not appear. From far it looks like a bruise but it's not. It's just a shadow caused by the hollow of the inner thigh ! Will this go away ? Is there a way to rectify this please help !!! i feel terribly self conscious.

Hyperpigmentation From Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question. There has been cases of dark spots remaining after Coolsculpting treatment. This is not permanent and will resolve. It can take several months to resolve, so be patient. I recommend contacting your treating physician if you still have concerns. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Unevenness after Coolsculpting

If the area is solely discolored (slightly brownish as a result of inflammation that occurred with treatment), then it will resolve on its own in time.  If what your seeing is not discoloration but actually an indentation that is causing some shadowing, it unfortunately will not resolve on its own.  You may be able to help blend in the results by doing another treatment below the area that was  previously treated. (liposuction is also a possible option for the surrounding area or possibly even fat grafting to the indented area)The good news, and bad news, about Coolsculpting is that it really does work on targeted areas of fat.  Most often this gives of exactly the results we want and anticipate and sometimes it doesn't.  It's crucial to chose an experienced Coolsculpting provider that can truly sculpt you properly.   Definitely discuss you results with your provider and if necessary have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can go over your options more specifically.  Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Hyperpigmentation Cessation with Lightening creams, lasers, peels

This may resolve in a few months. In the meantime, I recommend a combination of lasers, lightening creams, sun protection and peels to help resolve the hyperpigmentation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hyperpigmentation from Coolsculpting?

I guess it is possible but I haven't seen it before in over 7 years of treatment. I would treat as I do all other PIH with Retin A and hydroquinones. Chemical peels might also help. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting and Dark Spots

There are definite cases of dark spots remaining from Coolsculpting but it definitely goes away. It can take several months for this to resolve but it has not been permanent.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting

It is difficult access what is going on from the photo.  If it is just pigmentation of the the skin it is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).  PIH can occur from anything that causes inflammation.  However if there is an indentation in your skin creating the shadow then you need to see your provider to discuss your options for correcting the issue. 

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician