Is cool sculpting good for plus size? (Photo)

I wanna know if cool sculpting would be a waste of money or can I try it and have good results

CoolSculpting for Plus Size Patients

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. While CoolSculpting can provide excellent fat elimination results, ridding an area of up to 25% of the unwanted fatty tissue, it is not for everyone. If you are more than 30 pounds over your ideal weight, then CoolSculpting will not provide the results you are looking for. My recommendation is that you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in CoolSculpting procedures. At this time, he/she can perform an in-person examination and review your body contouring options. Together, you can create the best plan to achieve your desired aesthetic results. 

CoolSculpting for "Plus" Size Woman

Hi and thanks for your question and for sharing your picture.  It's been our experience (Lipo Spa is in the top 1% of CoolSculpting Providers in the USA) that this would not be appropriate for you initially.  I say "initially", because it appears that you would better benefit from some professional technology assisted weight loss guidance first.  By reducing your body mass index (BMI) over the course of a few months you could then likely be a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  We've seen hundreds of men and women in a similar situation and you're better off with a step-by-step approach... and you'll be happier with your long-term results.  Hope this helps and I wish you the best in your endeavor for better health.  Doc Halliday

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Larger Patients

Hello-thank you for sharing your photo. For the best results, it would be best suited to speak to a certified plastic surgeon to see what your options are. CoolSculpting works great for a BMI of 30 or smaller and for the time/money you would spend to achieve those results you are looking for, it would be money better spent on something that will get you to where you need to be in a faster amount of time. Best of luck to you!

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting for plus size

Cool sculpting is ideal for patients within 30 lbs of their ideal weight. However, every patient/body is different and this will determine the outcome.  .

Kimberly L. Wagner, MD
Colorado Springs Psychiatrist

Coolsculpting for plus size

Hi iwannabefab77.  Thank you for sharing your pic.  I do not think that you will find Coolsculpting cost effective as you will likely need to have multiple applicators used with multiple sessions. Also, the chances of contour irregularities will be significant.  None of the non-invasive fat reduction methods will effectively decrease intra-abdominal fat (this requires weight loss techniques-diet, exercise, bariatric surgery, etc), hence you will likely be disappointed.  Best wishes,

Coolsculpting Results and Time of Procedure -- Add Vanquish/Cellutone For Improvement

Coolsculpting is not good for those who are overweight.  You only get 15-20% improvement in a series of treatments. Weight loss with liposuction and skin removal is best for these situations.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting in larger patients

Coolsculpting is used for people who are 30 BMI or smaller. If you are above that range, Vanquish is a better choice. The risk with Coolsculpting is that there will be potential for divots or "shark bites". Vanquish treats larger areas at one time and blends in the fat loss with the surrounding areas. Other options are liposuction and tummy tuck. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting and Plus Size

Coolsculpting is a great procedure but it works better when you are closer to your ideal body weight. You can look into some nutrition programs now and do Coolsculpting when you are closer to your ideal body size.  Keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting Combined With Medical Weight Management

The coolsculpting procedure can still give a plus sized person better curves in some places. It can then be used as a motivation to combine with a medical weight management program to see more significant changes by combining the two. As you see yourself looking better it gives you hope and enthusiasm.

Jeff Lester, DO
San Jose Physician

Is CoolSculpting good for plus size?

You do not appear to be an appropriate candidate for CoolSculpting.  It is really designed to treat isolated areas of fat in people who are at or near their ideal body weight.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon