Can belotero be reversed?

After 10 days my eyes are still very swollen. Can a cold compress applied to the eye help?

Belotero

Belotero is an injectable hyaluronic acid gel that can be reversed by injecting an enzyme known as hyaluronidase. Often one treatment is enough to reverse but sometimes a second injection with hyaluronidase is required. It is best if you return to your treating physician for an evaluation if you feel you are experiencing swelling out of proportion to what you expected.

Reversing Belotero

Belotero is made up of a thin hyaluronic acid and as such is perfect for the under eye area. However, if too much product has been injected then you can definitely reverse it with Vitrase.  It is always best to consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with this delicate eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling after Belotero

At the 10-day mark, a significant amount of swelling would be an unusual (but not unheard of) finding.

I would suggest you have a re-evaluation with your physician to make sure there is nothing unusual going on and to discuss your options.

The good thing is that since Belotero is a hyaluronic acid - based filler, it can be easily and safely dissolved if necessary.

Kenneth E. Morgenstern, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can belotero be reversed?

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry you're having swelling from your Belotero injections. Fortunately, all hyaluronic acid fillers can be reversed with hyaluronadaise which is an enzyme that breaks down the sugar that exists in all of the hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Belotero, Juverderm and Voluma. I suggest you talk to your plastic surgeon or dermatologist about your concerns.  I would think after 10 days, most of the swelling would be resolved. Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Reversing hyaluronic acid fillers

if the filler injected is a hyaluronic acid one, they can be reversed.  Sometimes swelling lasts 2-3 weeks so I suggest seeing your dermatologist for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Reverse Belotero effects

Belotero can be' reversed' or dissolved using hyaluronidase- which is an enzyme that breaks up the sugar 'haluronic acid' that Belotero is made of. It can be used on any of the fillers that are made up of this sugar- like Juvederm, Voluma etc. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS