LARGE breast implants: breast augmentation (photos)

Hello, I'm 5'9 185lbs wide chest & hips 38c would I have to see a ps specialist that does x large Implants? I'm going for BIG breasts with maybe a slight slope 800cc-900cc. I read a lot of ps dont like doing big Implants is this true? I feel as though women my height & size implants between 500cc- 650 tend to look average size. I have thick skin and a good amount of breast tissue my nipples are upturnt but most of the volume is at the bottom. I want saline behind the muscle.

Large implants in specialist practices

I believe that you will have to locate a plastic surgeon that has the experience and respects the patients requests for large implants.  800 to 960 implants are commonplace in these practices. The best way to determine the size that fits your personal perception of the perfect breast is to try on sizers. This way you can see how they fit on you, how they add to your current volume, and whether they fit your frame. Although the surgeon can guide you, only you will be able to tell what is the right size. Try on sizers. Measuring a diameter and then telling the patient what volume they can have (in high, moderate or moderate plus implants) in my mind is backwards. The patients should be allowed to choose the volume. Then the surgeon carefully considers the base diameter, projection, profile, manufacturer, and fill material that will achieve the patients goals of size as well as qualitative look (natural, intermediate, or bold upper pole fullness or projection), all the while taking into consideration the patient's anatomic features that will affect the outcome. The experience of the surgeon and the degree to which they explain the options to you is of utmost importance. The subtlety in the final outcome is not achieved by which profile implant is used, it is determined by the skill in the creation of the pocket, the choice of implant. Don't let the doctor tell you what would look good on you. There is no maximum.  They cannot tell what you perceive to be the best size. That is up to you.

Big implants.

I am very familiar and comfortable placing large implants for primary breast augmentation. It really all depends on the desires of the patient and favorable anatomy. 
I'd be happy to discuss your options further. 

Large implants...........

the larger the implants the quicker the breast tissues will stretch and age. There is a very good reason why plastic surgeons hesitate to use such big implants.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

LARGE breast implants: breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and pictures. Large breast augmentation is not that different than smaller augmentation as long as the surgeon respects certain anatomical boundaries. Nothing replaces an in person evaluation by a board certified surgeon who has experience in all types of breast augmentation. I suggest during your visit you work with your surgeon using the sizing system along with photos of breasts that you consider attractive. This will allow your surgeon to help you achieve the best possible outcome and achieve the look you want.

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering larger breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “extra large” or "DD cup” or "big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Who does XL breast implants?

My specialty is extra large breast implants. Please see my website xlbreastimplantsatinfo. You will find much useful information about silicone/saline/tissue expanders. I have offices in Newport Beach but also see patients in Florida/San Francisco, Italy and Anguilla. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Large implants

Due to your size large implants may be mandatory to look good. Silicone implants may feel better as they are lighter than saline. However it's your choice. I feel comfortable placing larger implants as long as your body has the tissue characteristics to support them. 

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Large implants

As a surgeon who has put in extremely large implants in the past, I think it is safe to say any experienced board certified Plastic Surgeon can put in large implants. I would suggest you consider silicone. Large saline can stretch and thin the skin, making rippling more likely.

Breast Augmentation options

Without photos- it is impossible to comment accurately what you're a candidate for. Your height and weight indicate that you may need the larger high profile implants. I personally have limits as to the implant size I will insert. The goal is to meet the patient's needs within a range of flexible acceptability. Only  an in person physical exam can give you the best options.

XL implants

Even in a lady your size, this is still a very large implant!  It may not be possible to get this behind the muscle and still have it look nice in one step. While I have used implants of this size in the past, it's more typical for this volume to be done after a previous augmentation to the 500-600 cc range.