Average Cost of Silhouette Instalift ?

I am a previous full facelift patient. After 5 years,I'm starting to see some mild jowling , as well as some loose skin in the neck region.I have seen the advertisements for this new procedure(with Dissolvable Cones) ,and I'm curious as to it's average cost and effectiveness . I'm not ready for a second full lift & this seems like it could be a worthy enhancement to a previous lift. Waste of money and time?

Cost of sillouette lift

thank you for your question. Sillouette in sta lift is a new and exciting procedure for lifting of the face with absorbable sutures made from sculptura, lasting average of 18 months or more. There is immediate lift as a result of the cones that snap into the place and tighten the skin, as well as long-term result as a result of collagenesis caused by sculptra filler. This procedure is completely different from previous Barb sutures or thread lift, that gained a poor reputation. The results are immediate and improve over time, are natural and long-lasting. In my experience patients are very happy, there is minimal downtime and procedure is extremely safe. Over 200,000 cases were performed in Europe with no adverse affects! The cost of the procedure depends on the number of the sutures used. The average cost is between $2500 to 3500. If there are more sutures needed the cost may be higher. This procedure, by the way, is an excellent option for post facelift tweaks, such as yourself. Good luck!

West Palm Beach Physician

Average Cost of Silhouette Instalift ?

Hi, you might want to do a bit more research on the procedure as suspension face lift techniques tend not to last when compared to SMAS facelifts (described below).   I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Average Cost of Silhouette Instalift

there was a burst of enthusiasm for thread lifts about 10 years ago. It lasted about a year when they were generally judged not to work. They looked good for weeks to (rarely ) months.  Now one old design is back but absorbable not permanent.  The lessons of history are forgotten quickly.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Instalift, Thread lift

When it comes to lifting the jowls and neck, there are truly no good substitutes (yet) for surgery.  Many of the advertised non-surgical lifting procedures (e.g. Silhouette Instalift, Threat Lift, etc.) may be great in terms of cost and recovery time, but generally do not give you good results.The important part of a facelift procedure to ensure a good result and longevity is to lift the muscles of the face under the skin.  Only a surgical procedure truly does this.You may be a great candidate for a "mini" facelift, of which most facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons perform.  The surgery is more limited compared to a full facelift, but the muscles of the face are still lifted and repositioned.  The advantages of a mini facelift are lower cost and reduced recovery time.  Look for a surgeon in your area who specializes in the face and performs a lot of mini facelifts.Best of luck in your decision!

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift/Neck lift

There are different marketing terms for different branded "thread lift"- which in my opinion is useless. The best and most permanent way to achieve the best neck contour and definition, remove excess skin is through a traditional facelift/neck lift

Average Cost of Silhouette Instalift ?

Great question! First be sure the "doctor" is certified in the InstaLift procedure by a certified Silhouette trainer. Next, 2nd, how many has this doctor done? If less than 20 -  keep looking. There is a very high learning curve to obtain excellent results. Plus you must be a good candidate. Understand the InstaLift does not replace incisional skin tightening operations, as a mini FL, which you might be better off having? 3rd There are combination and separate options with the Silhouette InstaLift. I might also recommend fillers, fat grafts, PDO sutures. Now the average fees are based upon the # of Silhouette sutures used. Average fee is $2,500. The ranges from $1,500 to $6,000. Again ask questions, look at previous patients, and be sure yu will be happy with a temporary improvement.

Thread lifts

marg2009, as an old saying goes you can dress up a pig but it is still a pig. My advice is to avoid thread lifts no matter how they are dressed up and what fancy name they are given. You would probably do fine with a short flap facelift which can be done under local. Read about my SignatureLift on my web site. I'm sure there are capable surgical specialists near you that do "only faces" that can offer you this procedure. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon