Picosure Focus vs Fraxel Dual laser peel?

Hi. I am 45 years old with some sun damage/brown spots and some light wrinkles with lighter olive skin tone. Which do you recommend for skin rejuvenation and the brown spots and minimizing pores and wrinkles? The Picosure Focus or the Fraxel Dual?

Sublative Fractional RF with Sublime RF for fine lines wrinkles, tightening and sun damage

At our office we use Sublative Fractional RF and Sublime RF treatments by Elos Plus to reduce the appearance of brown spots, fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, tone, texture and tightening.  Multiple treatments are necessary and there is minimal downtime. Having the fractional technology enhanced by the radio frequency to achieve tightening as well as textural improvements is a real plus for our patients.  The pain level is tolerable, and with the addition of Oxygenetix breathable makeup we are able to cover up any post treatment redness.

As with any treatment a thorough in-person consultation is recommended with the treatment plan and coordinating skin care being mapped out in detail as well.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Sun Damage and Fraxel

Fraxel is my favorite laser for reducing sun damage.  I call it the "magic eraser" for removing sun spots, age spots, and improve skin tone and texture.  Please consult a specialist in Fraxel for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel over Picosure ...however...

I have both the Picosure FOCUS and Fraxel Dual and Re:Pair systems. I personally use the Picosure Focus for my skin type because it has no downtime. It works very well, however you will require several treatments for optimal outcomes. 

If you do have the downtime up your sleeves, the Fraxel Dual, especially in the 1927 wavelength will give you a better result, especially in high density mode. Realistically one Fraxel is equal to 3 Picosure Focus treatments if performed correctly. The great thing about the Focus is that it really is a no downtime procedure. 

All the best

Dr Davin S. Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual

The Fraxel Dual is a very effective laser for improving fine lines, sun damage, brown spots and overall skin rejuvenation.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sun Spots and Treatment Options -- Fraxel, CO2, Viva, Microneedling, IPL

I think fraxel is still the gold standard for antiaging and can be tailored for sun spots, wrinkles and pores.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I prefer the Fraxel Dual for a "One and Done" procedure for the conditions you have outlined.

We find one aggressive treatment with the Fraxel Dual using both wavelengths to produce fantastic results in a single session.  It is our favorite procedure for the 45 year old patient with fine wrinkles, lentigenes, sun damage etc.  We usually do the face, neck and chest in a single session. The down time is about one week, but the results are amazing!  We also use the PicoSure for rejuvenation and pigment.  This is a much less aggressive multiple treatment option with less down time, but not as effective as an aggressive Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser for Brown Spots

Without examining you, it is difficult to make treatment recommendations.  In my practice, I have found Fraxel Dual to be a very effective treatment for brown spots in all skin types.

Good Luck!

Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD

Skin Rejuvenation with Fraxel

My favorite laser for skin rejuvenation is the Fraxel Dual. The 1927 nm wavelength is excellent for removing brown spots, improving texture, and smoothing the skin. The Fraxel Dual is also a resurfacing laser which stimulates collagen production so fine lines and wrinkles are improved. The downtime is very reasonable and this procedure has a very high patient satisfaction. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in laser treatments. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon