Interested in an honest comparison: SureSculpt vs. UltraShape?

I am considering either SureSculpt or UltraShape. I am not interested in Coolsculpting. Can you please tell me the difference between the two? I am having a tough time finding an un-biased comparison of these two treatments, via Google search, as SureSculpt is so "new", and also because there are few doctors who offer BOTH UltraShape and SureSculpt. # of treatments? time to results? price? etc? Thanks!

Key points to consider in body contouring

The most important determinant for your decision in body contouring is how much fat you need to eliminate, and how many areas of your body you would like to address. When it comes to body contouring, liposuction is still the gold standard because it helps to remove fat in multiple areas of the body, can be performed as a circumferential procedure to address the entire extremity or trunk, and can simultaneously provide you with batter shape while preserving the harvested fat for possible fat grafting to the face and body. we are currently using Hydrosolve for this purpose which minimizes the recovery while simultaneously allows for fat harvest and injection.

If you have decided that you do not want to have any recovery associated with surgery, then both Suresculpt and Ultrashape are good candidates. Please know that both these procedures destroy the fat cells and you therefore can not use the fat for facial rejuvenation or body contouring. In our practice we have experience with all the modalities including coolsculpting and I would have to admit that Ultrashape is by far better tolerated since you do not get the sensitivity to cold or heat that you do with the other modalities. The new Ultrashape Power allows the procedure to be completed in about half an hour and you can walk away with no downtime.  Please make sure you go with a physician who is board certified  in the field and has plenty of experience with all of these modalities so that you can have the best outcome.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

SculpSure vs UltraShape

Thank you for your question. SculpSure and UltraShape are both non-invasive treatments for spot fat reduction. They both target fat cells that have been resistant to diet and exercise. SculpSure uses hyperthermic laser energy to heat up the fat cells where as UltraShape uses ultrasonic energy to shoot acoustic waves into the fat cells. To determine which one is better for you, it really depends on your comfort level and time. SculpSure uses heat and patients see results after only one 25 minute procedure, whereas UltraShape takes 45 minutes each and most patients need to get 3 treatments for optimal results. Due to these differences, right now at our practice, we are huge proponents of the SculpSure treatment. The heat also helps promote collagen or elastin production for tighter skin. If you’re interested, please schedule a full-in person consultation with a physician so that they can review your desired treatment area.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure vs UltraShape

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure vs UltraShape

I have use various body contouring devices, some good and predictable (Coolsculpting, Sculpsure) others, lets say, not so predictable. 

Sculpsure needs only one session that takes 25 minutes, it works. UltraShape, VelaShape etc... takes many sessions, and the results are modest in some, and not noticeable in others. 

From a treatment and efficacy point of view, Sculpsure is the clear winner. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia
Fiori Institute Of Body Contouring 

Sculpsure vs UltraShape

Dr Davin Lim
Brisbane, Australia
Fiori Institute Of Body Contouring 

SculpSure vs. UltraShape vs. CoolSculpt

Thank you for your question.  The answer depends on how much fat you are needing to remove.  If you have a BMI of less than 30, you are a candidate for SculpSure. 

I have never seen any SureSculpt product that has been released to the market.  The most recent technology is SculpSure, a 1060 nm laser that specificially targets fat.  The fat is accurately kept at a temperature between 42 - 47 degrees Celcius.  The fat is kept at this temperature for 21 minutes to cause approximately 24% permanent fat reduction in the area treated.  Up to four areas can be treated in 25 minutes.

Ultrashape uses ultrasound to heat the fat.  The results can also be excellent when the area is properly treated.  While SculpSure reaches the ideal temperature fat destruction temperature in 4 minutes, Ultrashape usually takes 10-20 minutes to reach the ideal temperature.  Once this temperature is reached, the physician or technician must heat the fat for a minimum of 30 minutes to disrupt the fat cells.  Typically 3-6 Ultrashape treatment sessions are required.  Results from this device are highly operator dependent.  There is no limitation by your BMI.

CoolSculpt utilizes vacuum suction to draw in the skin, fat, and muscle to "freeze" the fat cells.  It can reduce between 17-21% of the fat in the portion treated.  These results are similar to SculpSure but there is pain and numbness with the procedure.  It takes one hour to treat each area.  Results from this device are somewhat operator dependent -- if the area is not properly suctioned into the applicator, you will not see any fat reduction. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, Texas

#Cynosure, #bodycontouring, #fatreduction, #liposuction, #CoolSculpt, #Vanquish, #Ultrashape, #Velashape, #Exilis, #Thermi, #radiofrequency, #laser, #nomorefat, #bodybuilding, #aesthetics, #dermatology, #plasticsurgery, #Houston, #Texas, #KHOU, #RefreshDermatology

SculpSure vs. UltraShape vs. CoolSculpt

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, Texas

SculpSure vs UltraShape

Non surgical body contouring techniques have exploded over the past 5 years; CoolSculpting, SculpSure, Vanquish, UltraShape and others have been introduced.  The latest is SculpSure, approved by the FDA in October of 2015.

SculpSure uses a laser to target and destroy the fat cells.  The treatment sessions last 25 minutes and are not painful.  One session is usually adequate and runs around $1,500, multiple areas can be treated at the same time and there is no down time.

UtraShape uses ultrasound energy to destroy the fat cells.  The treatment also does not hurt, but does require 2-3 sessions 2 weeks apart.  The cost is about $3,000 and only one area can be targeted at a time.  The treatment sessions last around 1 hour, there is no down time.

For the time and money, SculpSure wins hands down.  Also, I will predict that laser fat destruction (SculpSure) will bypass all the other methods combined and become the #1 treatment choice for non surgical body contouring.  I believe they will find that there is skin tightening with the laser that the other methods do not offer and the adjustability of the laser will allow any area of the body to be treated adequately.

SculpSure vs UltraShape

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the superior treatment. It is the only non-surgical and non-invasive procedure approved by the FDA to reduce and eliminate up to 25% of the stubborn unwanted fat. There is essentially no downtime. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure vs UltraShape comparison

Sculpsure is the latest and innovative technology in noninvasive body contouring with the most impressive results portfolio of any other treatment currently on the market.  Sculpture is a 25 minute session designed to permanently destroy  up to 24% of fat cell per area per treatment. Ultra shape simply recedes the size of the fat cells as opposed to destroying them and will require multiple session to achieve results, if ever.

In my practice I offer SculpSure treatment because it really works as I tried it personally, my patients get amazing results, and many new patients to my practice have tried Ultrashape with absolutely no results and SculpSure delivered exactly what they expected. The bottom line is that you need a consultation with a SculpSure expert provider in your area. Hope this helps. Best, Dr.Avaliani

SculpSure vs UltraShape comparison

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Take care,

Ultrashape and Sculpsure

Ultrashape is ultrasound and take numerous treatments where sculpsure is a laser and takes one for 20% improvement.  We can use both together and have both in our practice.  Its best you see someone who has a number of modalities.  I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultrashape and Sculpsure