Is it normal that one of my nipple is turning blue after breast implant? (photo)

I had breast implant last week and one of my breast was bigger than the other. I saw my doc and he said it was normal. But after, on the same breast, my nipple started to turn blue at the bottom, is this normal??

Is it normal that one of my nipple is turning blue after breast implant?

Thank you for your question. Discoloration of nipple is because of bruising. But you are saying one side is much bigger. I would recommend to see your PS for evaluation make sure there is bleeding or developing hematoma. 

Blue under nipple

This looks like bruising. I can't really tell much from this picture because it totally depends what it looks like compared to the other side. If the breast is significantly bigger than the other side I would call your surgeon immediately. He/she may want to see you again. 

Mary Gingrass, MD

Blue Bruise

Bluish discoloration due to bruising can be common after surgery however it is best that you be examined in person to determine if you have an issue with bleeding.
All the best

Change in areola color

While it is not uncommon postoperatively after breast augmentation to have some bruising, in my experience, the bruising is more peripheral and gravitationally dependent. Without seeing the opposite side, or a pre-op photograph, it's impossible to make a diagnosis of what's going on. I would be concerned, however, that some blood collection as in a hematoma, is causing this amorphous look to the breast as well as bruising appearing centrally below the areola. Your plastic surgeon, who knows what he or she did surgically, will be your best resource for information regarding this issue.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Postop changes

Thank you for your question.  It is not unusual to have some bruising following surgery that creates a black-and-blue appearance of the skin and additional swelling.  It is difficult to determine what is happening in your case based on your photo.  I encourage you to contact your surgeon rather than seek postop advice from an online source.  Hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon