When can I have a VI peel after Accutane?

How long do I need to wait and why?

Vi peel after Accutane

Accutane increases skin sensitivity therefore you would expose yourself to complications with any cosmetic treatment. I would advise you to wait 6 months before you undergo any treatment. Good luck!  

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Accutane and cosmetic procedures

Thank you for your question. A side effect of Roaccutane is skin sensitivity and an increase risks of scarring if any trauma or injury is done to the skin, which includes cosmetic procedures such as chemical peels, microdermabrasions, laser treatments, tattoos, or piercings, etc. In my opinion, 6 months after stopping Accutane is a safe time to consider any procedures to the skin. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist prior to having cosmetic procedures. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD