How to proceed with skin care after sciton halo?

How long after your last sciton halo treatment should you wait before botox and going back on Ziana (clindamycin phosphate and tretinoin)? I was told 10 days, just wanted to get some other opinions.

Botox and skincare post Halo

Thank you for your question.  You can resume your regular skin care routine, including your tretinoin, as soon as two weeks after your Halo treatment.  We advise patients on a case by case basis, as some patients are still too sensitive at the two week mark to start back on retinoids.  Your provider should be able to advise you at your follow up appointment.  We also recommend waiting two weeks for Botox as well.  I hope this helps!

Seattle Physician

Halo Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. After the Halo treatment the skin will go through a recovery phase that lasts anywhere from 5 to 7 days. The skin is then pink for a few more weeks, but once your skin has recovered from the initial phase you can go back to using the products you had been using prior to the treatment. This will also depend on how deep and aggressive the treatment was. I typically have my patients return to their skin routine a week in a half or two weeks after having a Halo treatment. Hope this helps, regards Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Tretinoin after Halo

Around 2 weeks is a good time to go back to Tretinoin. Some patients feel like their skin feels sensitive right after the laser so it's up to the patient when you feel like you're ready to restart your Retin A routine.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Skin Care and Botox post Halo

A week to two weeks is the normal time to wait before returning to your regular skin care products post any laser treatment.  Botox should also be given that same amount of time.  Hope this helps.  

Grant Stevens, MD