Left Implant not dropping. (photo)

If my crease was lowered on my right side could that be a reason my left implant is not dropping as fast? I'm 7 weeks post op.

Left Implant not dropping.

Thank you for your question. It's still too early to judge your result. After breast augmentation surgery, the implants typically settle at a different rate. It takes 3-6 months for them to settle completely, so be patient and give yourself a little more time to heal.Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Left Implant not dropping

Thank you for your question. Pre op pictures will help for comparison. It is not uncommon for both breasts to descent at different rates. They will continue to change next coming few weeks. Please talk to your PS for implant displacement excercises.

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry. It is early in your result and the final shape of your breast can be influenced.  Please ask your surgeon about a massage or bandeau protocol to influence the left breast position.  Good Luck  

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Left Implant not dropping

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. At 7 weeks post op you are still early of your recovery from breast augmentation. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Not dropping

You have two different breasts, and they may not drop at the same time or in the same rate. Please follow your surgeon's instructions and discuss all your concerns with him/her. If it has been over sic months since surgery, you may need surgery to lower the implant.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question. 7 weeks post op is still fairly early. It will take between 2-6 months for your implants to drop and soften. I recommend that you wait until 6 months post op to evaluate your results.
All the best

Left Implant not dropping. (photo)

Good Morning and thank you for your question.  It is common for the two implants to settle and soften at different rates.  This can be attributed to the breasts naturally being slightly different, the way each breast was prepared (the pocket adjustment etc) to accept the implant and even what hand you use most can affect the rate at which an implant will settle.  There is still plenty of healing to happen and this should even out with time.  Always be sure to be checking in with your surgeon so they can also track your progress.Best of Luck,Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon

Remember that you have two different breasts.  It sounds like you had slightly different procedures done for your breast augmentation.  Even if you did, they are not exposed to same forces.  In several months they will even out.Best Wishes,nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Left implant is not dropping.

Hello and thank you for asking this question and providing photos to examine. It is actually still very common for one implant to not have dropped yet at the seven week mark when the other has been settled for a while. This is due to many factors, but it could be from using that side of your body more often, or just once strenuously, to tighten the muscles on that side of the chest resulting in a longer waiting time for the left side to drop. Another possibility is that the left breast was asymmetrical before surgery - smaller - and therefore is taking longer than its counterpart to fill out the given space. All in all - you should not be worried. Give it a bit more time. I believe you will be happy with your results. And congratulations on your breast augmentation! Best regards.

Traci Temmen, MD