Intracel for Skin Tightening & Anti Aging; How Effective is It at £795 Per Treatment?

At 44 my jaw line is started to slacken a little and I am loosing a little definition in this region and feel like my lower half of my face is getting that 'down mouth look'.My doctor advises Intracel for skin tightening but I can't find much info on the benefits of anti ageing / skin tightening only acne scarring. He can't provide any before and after pics as it's a new treatment in the practice there does'nt seem to be much info on Real Self either for anti ageing only acne scarring, any advice?

Intracel and skin tightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think an Intracel treatment would be indicated for mild skin tightening of the face.  And with the minimal discomfort, adverse events and downtime of the Intracel treatment - it is a good first option for mild tightening. 

Compared to Ultherapy or thermage - Intracel hurts less.  Compared to J-plasma, fractional CO2 or face-tite treatments the results would be less but much less downtime.

FYI, I have recently seen impressive abdominal skin tightening before and after pictures from our practice as well as other practices

Intracel for skin tightening

I think the Intracel device is appropriate for fine lines, acne scars, and overall skin texture. If you are looking for a device that will produce greater skin tightening nonsurgically, I would recommend the FaceTite procedure as it can produce great results with improved contouring to the submental region as well as the jawline. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera may be preferable

Southchurch: In my opinion, Ulthera may be preferable for nonsurgical "tightening", given that you are relatively young.  Although I'm still relatively "new" in my Ultherapy practice, facial skin tightening and presumably collagen production is more rapidly seen in the following: thicker, darker complected individuals, men and younger patients. Good luck. 

Lavinia K. Chong, MD