Is Hydrasolve liposuction recommended and as effective as traditional lipo?

My doctor is suggesting Hydrasolve Liposuction for my treatment. I'm not finding many articles or reviews on this particular liposuction. I would like to learn more about the benefits vs. traditional liposuction and why it is not being used more frequently. Any feedback or clinical research studies would be appreciated.

Benefits of Hydrasolve Liposuction

As in any plastic surgery procedure, the most important aspect is the skill and experience of your surgeon. This was alluded to by the previous respondent and is self evident. Excellent results can be achieved with any type of liposuction in the hands of a competent surgeon. Nevertheless there are differences in the type of liposuction procedure used, and each has advantages and disadvantages. For most low volume liposuction procedures I recommend standard tumescent or superwet liposuction that does not require any specialized equipment. Nevertheless when indicated I may suggest other types of liposuction to my patients such as Hydrasolve. The main benefit of Hydrasolve is that it is by far the gentlest form of liposuction yet devised due to the pulsed warm water jet that dislodges the fat prior to it's removal. This is based on the same technology as that used by ophthalmologists to remove cataracts in the eye. In my practice the patients who will benefit most from Hydrasolve are those requiring larger volume liposuction. With any form of liposuction there is some blood loss that goes along with the fat removal. With smaller volume liposuction this blood loss is usually insignificant, but with larger volume liposuction it can be significant. This small amount of bleeding is also the cause of any bruising that may occur and contributes to any postoperative discomfort. Because of the method of action of Hydrasolve, the liposuction cannula is moved very slowly and gently. This compared to other liposuction methods where the cannula is moved more forcefully and vigorously. The result is that there is practically zero blood loss using Hydrasolve, which makes a significant difference to the patient's recovery, particularly with large volume procedures. Bruising is usually non-existent with Hydrasolve. Hydrasolve fat removal  is also very efficient due to the warm water action, and this cuts down the time required to remove larger volumes of fat. The only disadvantage of Hydrasolve is that because of the additional equipment and supplies, this adds expense to the procedure. If it were not for this, I would probably recommend it for all patients. In my opinion the gentle and efficient nature of Hydrasolve has real benefits for the patient requiring higher volume liposuction, particularly when multiple areas are involved, or the patient desires the gentlest possible liposuction procedure.

Types of Liposuction

The type of liposuction doesnt matter so much as the surgeon performing the procedure.  Hydrasolve and WAL (aquajet/bodyjet) are known to be less traumatic.  However, I have 5 liposuction devices and get similar results with each.  Just picking the right surgeon, one who does exception patient care and meticulous surgery is the most important factor.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hydrasolve liposuction vs Traditional Lipo

Thanks for your question.

I have tried multiple lasers and ultrasonic Liposuction techniques and the results can be quite comparable. Hydrasolve is a new technique and I would wait to see real advantages before adopting a new technology where we have several well established and safe techniques.

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Make sure your provider has experience

The only thing I can share is the importance of experience.  

I would rather be treated with first generation liposuction equipment in the hands of the most experienced surgeon than the other way around.  

HydraSolve claims to have the advantage of not causing damage to "other vital tissue". In our experience, we do not believe the way we do liposuction does either. 

Our practice is devoted to almost exclusively liposuction. We use a combination of smart and tickle lipo with consistently good results. We have treated over 1,000 patients. Most of our procedures are done with patients awake. We use no needles, no scalpels and no sutures.

I hope that helps.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

As a plastic surgeon who performs over 500 liposuction procedures each year and has patients fly in from all over the world, I can tell you that it is the surgeon and not the machine or method.  I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.