I am not happy with my BBL and lipo results 3 weeks post op. What do I do now?

After talking to my PS twice and not reaching any mutual agreement, I don't know who else to turn to. I was non confrontational when expressing my concerns both times. We were even clear about what I wanted during consultations. What other alternative do I have. I don't have another $8000 to pay a local surgeon and I am too afraid to go out of the country. I am in tears daily because I hate my results. Help!

Result of BBL

Thank you for your question. It is so important to remember that you are only 3 weeks out of surgery. You still have a lot of healing to do. Your body is most likely still swollen. It can take a few months for all swelling to go down. You for sure are not going to see the final result 3 weeks after surgery. My advise is to wait a a couple months and see if there is any improvement. Also, I would highly recommend not leaving the country for any plastic surgery. 
Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Healing process

Thank you for your question.  At only three weeks post-op you are going through the healing process, so what you see now will most likely not be your final result.  After about three months, if you are still dissatisfied, you may want to consider seeking a second opinion.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Unhappy

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend that you get a copy of your before and after photos and take a critical look at them yourself.  Is your unhappiness the result of unrealistic expectations, lack of knowledge regarding the limitations of the procedure, your preoperative anatomy or an unfavorable result?  Answering those questions honestly for yourself is the first step.  I would then try to discuss your remaining concerns with your surgeon or a trusted staff member.  A second opinion is always helpful.  Once you have a better understanding of the situation, then the correct path forward will be more clear.  Best wishes.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

First of all, 3 weeks is not enough time to really appreciate the results of you liposuction. It takes ~6 weeks to really see the results of liposuction. Try to be patient as you may be pleasantly surprised once you give your body time to heal. Once the areas liposuctioned shrink down, it will make your buttocks looks bigger. You should not undergo any revision until 6 months out from the procedure. You have to also remember that the most important thing with plastic surgery is realistic expectations.

BBL

It would be helpful to post before and after pics and what you wanted to achieve.  Sometimes patients will come in with wish pics thinking that plastic surgery is a magic pill that will transform them into the person in the picture.  But it is all about where you are starting from.  If you did not have enough fat for injection then your results will not  be dramatic or if you are overweight then the results will also not be that different.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon