I've had an outie for 17 years. When is it going to turn into an innie? I'm a male that lives in Maryland (Photo)

What can I do And how much would it coast

Doctor Answers 3

Outie to an innie

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your belly button will not turn from an outie into an innie.  Arrange a consultation with a  fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss how an umbilicoplasty can help you achieve the results you desire.

Umbilicoplasty/Belly button surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is unlikely your 'outie' will turn into an 'innie' and I advise you see a fully qualified plastic surgeon who is experienced in this surgery for assessment. An umbilicoplasty is most likely need to improve the appearance of your belly button.

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast) Board Certified Plastic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An umbilicoplasty may be your best option.

Consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon in

your area for a full evaluation. See link.

Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.