Scalp and neck hyperhidrosis. How many units of botox is needed for those areas to stop the sweating?

Healthy 27 years old female but suffering from hyperhidrosis in my scalp and neck even at cool or cold places. Its not related to stress or emotions even at rest and deep sleep I would sweat from there. My arms and feet and underarms are bit sweaty but not noticeable but sometimes my back is too sweaty for no reason at all. I'm 5'3 and my weight is 127 lbs. Hyperhidrosis run in the males of my family but me and my baby cousin's daughter who is only 3 years old.

How many units?

Thanks for this question. I agree with most other comments and suggest 1 to 2 vials of Botox for treatment of hyperhydrosis of the head and neck. For your underarm, you may also consider MiraDry which reduces sweating by 75% to 80% in one treatment. 

Treatment of sweaty skin with Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. You would probably require 1 to 2 vials (100-200 units) of Botox to treat the entire forehead and neck for hyperhirosis. See an expert injector for evaluation and treatment.  Good luck,

Hyperhidrosis

Typically we treat the underarms the most for this condition and it takes anywhere from 30-50 units on each side (80-100 total) to give the best results.  I would guess that it should take roughly the same for the scalp, although this will depend on the severity of the condition.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Hyperhidrosis of head and neck

The exact dosing is hard to say. I would just be guessing but about 100 for the scalp. The neck you must be careful because placing too much there can lead to breathing and swallowing problems. I wouldn't place more than 50 units in the neck. Infini is used for axillary hyperhidrosis and might be beneficial in these areas.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for hyperhidrosis

Thank you for your question Sundus89. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can also be used in other areas for hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating. The most common areas of treatment with Botox for hyperhidrosis are the underarms, palms of the hands, and soles of the feet. Typically 50 units of Botox is used per side for these areas. For larger areas, a proportionally higher dose is required. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician