Would my nose appear wider (different) after getting Botox in nose to stop sweat?

I have a sweaty nose , it's really embarrassing specially being a female. I heard Botox can minimize the pores and help with oil glands (stop sweat) Would my nose appear different the after getting Botox? My nose is already wide and I wouldn't like to get any wider. Is there a way we can use those same injections (Botox) to stop the sweat and shape my nose (thinner or prettier) ? Also is there a high chance to get acne on these areas ? Thank u for ur time :)

Botox

Botox will not change the size of your nose. Consultation with an experienced injector would be best to determine the potential satisfaction from the treatment.

Botox in nasalis muscle

Your nose would net get bigger from having botox in your nasalis muscle.  If you are looking for a slimmer nose then you would have to consider surgery.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and Sweating

No botox will not change the size of the nose at all. you just have to be careful not to inject to laterally as it can affect a muscle that can cause the lip to droop.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox on the nose

Botox can help decrease sweat production by affecting the muscles surrounding the sweat glands which are activated to "pump" sweat out of the pore. It does not affect the structure of your nose which is composed of skin, cartilage, and bone. Your nose may appear slightly wider at the time of injection due to the Botox being injected and some temporary swelling, but it should resolve in within one or two days. Acne should not be an issue as long as the procedure is done in a sterile fashion. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Botox in the nose

I can't imaging why botox injected under the skin in your nose would change the appearance of the nose itself. It can improve texture of the skin, but shouldn't have any effect on the cartilage or bone. I have never heard of it being used for excessive sweating on the nose, but maybe some one else here will be able to share their experiences. Best of luck,

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the nose

Thank you for your question lb21840. Botox can be used to address certain aspects of the nose. For example some people have bunny lines when they scrunch their nose. A small amount of Botox (2-4 units) per side can be injected to relax the muscle and improve the bunny lines. This treatment generally does not affect the size not shape of the nose. Botox does not change the shape or size of the nose. Fillers and surgical rhinoplasty will address the shape and size of the nose. Botox is commonly used for hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, in the underarms, palms of the hands, and soles of the feet. I have not heard of its use in the nose. Oil reduction on the nose and elsewhere on the face is best addressed with topical retinoids such as Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, or reintol. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician