Ideal implants, is an A to D cup realistic? (photos)

I am 5'5" and 114 lbs and currently about an A, they are round but do not project. I am wanting to go to at least a D. I want them under the muscle and I thought I wanted Saline but the more I search the more I see statistics that Silicone is used more often. I want round, high profile and smooth. I am not to worried about looking natural persay but I have a great idea of what I want and I believe that is what I need to do to achieve it. I am 28 with no kids ( most likely will not have any )

Ideal Implants

Dear JonnieJ,

It is realistic to get to a D cup with your size; however, you need to be aware of a couple of things. First, you are 5’5” and 114 pounds, and being petite framed such as you are, you are at higher risk with a very large implant of having a complication called bottoming out where the implant may actually release through the ligaments making up your fold right now and allow the implant to move south regardless of what type of implant you use. In addition, note that your left nipple and left breast fold are higher than the right side, and that will likely persist after surgery.

Having said that, the Ideal Implant is an excellent choice for any woman. It is the “latest and greatest”. Some people fear that it may be available for use only over the last year; however, the implant has been in existence for over eight years as remember, they had to go through the five-year FDA protocols before submitting for approval. The implants carry virtually all of the softness of a silicone gel implant yet are filled with saline. They have multiple chambers within the implant so it controls how the saline moves within it, thereby simulating the softness of silicone gel. They are far superior to the old single lumen saline implants which we rarely use anymore. In addition, you will always know your implants are intact simply by looking in the mirror. If there is a leak you will see over 48 hours a gradual decrease in size of the breasts and the saline is simply IV fluid that you would receive through your vein and is absorbed by the body. On the other hand, it is possible to have a silent rupture of silicone gel implants and only an expensive MRI will ascertain that.

They also carry a lower contracture rate (hardening) and rupture rate. They ethics of the company is such that they will only sell to selected board-certified plastic surgeons on the Ideal Implant network who meet their quality standards. 

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

D-cup fullness and projection with Ideal Implants

You have a nice starting breast shape, and you should be able to achieve a result very similar to your wish photos: round, full, projecting, and depending on the final volume that you choose, a D cup is certainly possible.

With the Ideal Implant, you would have the peace of mind of saline but still enjoy a softer, more natural feel than traditional saline implants.  The Ideal Implant currently is only available with a smooth surface, and its profile is very similar to the full or high profile of traditional saline or silicone gel-filled implants.  Under the muscle is always a safe, conservative choice for any woman interested in reducing their risk of sensation changes, infection, capsular contracture, and even rippling/palpability.

Hope this helps, and best of luck,

Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Ideal implants possible

Yes, I think that you can get close to your wish boobs. You have a breast shape that lends them to this. The Ideal Implant has a profile similar to HP implants. They feel very close, if not the same, as gel implants and definitely better than traditional saline. In my opinion at least. Good luck.