Hair fall and itchiness after PRP for hair loss?

I had prp treatment for hair 1month before now i am experiencing lot of hair fall and itchiness what would be the problem is the prp really working ?

Itchiness after PRP

These symptoms are not typically seen after PRP treatments, so I would recommend a follow up with your treating physician. I’m sorry I could not be more help.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Hair fall and itchiness post PRP

Thanks for your inquiry.If you are experiencing these symptoms, then I would suggest a follow up with your doctor.These symptoms are not commonly associated with PRP treatments, so checking with your treating physician is your best bet.Best of luck.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

PRP and rebound hair loss

Firstly one has to exclude inflammatory hair conditions (LPP, discoid lupus etc...), secondly your Specialist will run a series of blood test to exclude any other problems associated with hair loss- thyroid, iron etc.. 

Now, once these are excluded, one may consider the diagnosis of telogen effluvium following PRP. This is usually temporary and transient, and can follow 'shock' to your system including events such as PRP to treat hair loss in the first place. 

Your hair will re grow again with 3-5 months, and base line pics. at 6-7 months should show an improvement. Having said that, I am only giving advice on your one line of history- a full examination and history MUST be undertaken by your specialist PRP provider. 

All the best
Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

PRP and Hair Loss

You should have the opposite effect from the PRP and your hair should be thickening.  Please consult an expert in hair loss since there may be some other factor that is involved in your hair loss that needs to be addressed.  Best, Dr. Green

Hair shed and symptoms after PRP? ???ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, hair shed after PRP treatment using PRP alone and not mixed with any additional extracellular Matrix or proteins, is extremely rare. I do not know about the rate of your hair loss prior to beginning PRP. It is possible that you have an active shedding male pattern baldness. It may take another one or two sessions of PRP to decrease the hair loss. If you have started using minoxidil, this is another possible etiology for your hair loss. Itchiness of the scalp is symptomatic of inflammation. This needs to be controlled for the PRP to adequately  function and for hair loss to decrease. You need to see a hair expert to determine the etiology of your present hair loss. They will need to do a good history, examination under magnification and pull test. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss and itchiness after PRP

rajeevrahul,

I would highly recommend a thorough medical evaluation with a good hair restoration specialist. At the very least it should include a good history, physical, dermoscopy and possibly a scalp biopsy. Furthermore lab work is advised. Was the itchiness present before the prp? Treatment and further recommendations are pending results of above.
PRP can produce some swelling and burning discomfort for a day or two. However, it is contra-indicated to treat with and-inflammatory meds as this will diminish the benefit of the PRP which produces an inflammatory response in the injected areas.

Kind regards,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP side effects?

PRP is your own body's bi-product so it is nothing foreign to your scalp. The itchiness may actually be the stimulation of your follicles, which is a good thing! I would try an all natural perfume-free shampoo/conditioner, and clean out your hairbrush. In my opinion, an anti-histamine may be worth a try, always consult your primary physician for medical advice.

I hope this helps you, be well.

#itchiness #PRP  #hairloss