Early sign of bottoming out? (photos)

My PS lowered the crease on my right breast and now it looks like it might be starting to bottom out. I can't tell if it's just the darkness of the original crease that I'm seeing, or if this is an early sign of bottoming out. POD11

Lowered Fold

You are seeing the remaining band of tighter tissue from your old fold. this is a "double Bubble" but not necessarily bottoming out. You could expect the visibility of this line to soften and fade as the skin slowly expands. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon if you have any ongoing concerns.
All the best

Early sign of bottoming out?

Thank you for your question.At post-op day 10 I think it is too soon to tell if you are developing a malposition.   There is still swelling at this time and the implant has not had enough time to shape the tissue around it.   Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and follow their post-op protocol.

Hello, I don't think its a early sign of bottoming out but just do the lowering the fold. That line should soften with time and pressure from your implant. Visualization of the "old fold" with a line or flatting is very common early after lowering the fold in augmentation. 

Lowering the breast crease with breast augmentation

It appears that your surgeon lowered the breast crease on the right, but the implant has not yet stretched out the remaining lower tissue and "settled" yet. Give the breast implant more time to fall and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Early sign of bottoming out?

It is too early to tell. I would question a double bubble on the right. If you were my patient I would place you in an underwire bra to attempt to define the crease under your breast. That has worked well for me in the past.

Early Bottoming out?

Thanks for your question. Based on your photo, I can see where your work was done. I think you are still in a recovery phase and it is too early to determine any bottoming out. Any lines, lumps, bumps or swelling are associated with your repair and are likely temporary. Keep in close contact with your surgeon. He or she will assure you. Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation - am I bottoming out?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • I understand your concern -
  • It's a little early to be able to tel. -
  • It seems likely that the original crease is making an indentation but the repair is secure.
  • Point it out to your surgeon and give the swelling some time to subside.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Early in recovery phase

At 11 days postoperatively, there's still a lot of time for the weight of the implant to make the small depression that you're seeing become more rounded out. Give it some more time. Follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended. Congratulations on your touchup.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS