How Much Does Liposuction Cost? Do you get discounts for the lipo price if you get lipo on multiple areas?

California Liposculpting Estimates

As you may have guessed, liposuction fees vary a lot and rarely will you get a quote over the phone because so many variables are involved. It depends on the size of the area and the amount of anticipated work to do the job as well as the technique involved. The tumescent technique with micro canulas give by far the best results and are worth the extra cost of the procedure.

Many physicians have not kept up with all the latest improvements happening with liposuction. Twenty years ago we all did liposuction under general anesthesia with bigger canulas which required making incisions and left more waviness and dimpling with saggy skin. None of that is done anymore by those who specialize in the procedure. If your doc uses general anesthesia or makes incisions which requires suturing, then that tells you that he is doing the old traditional liposuction with the bigger canulas. The procedure is safer with you awake and comfortable. You just get up and walk out after the procedure. There are no incisions either, only needle sticks now so no big scars anymore. Recovery is quicker and easier and you are back to work in 2 days or less and your skin actually tightens or shrinks.

Here are some estimates:

Neck / jawline liposuction $2500; Abdomen-upper and lower $5000-6000; Abdomen with hips and sides $6000-7000; Abdomen with love handles $5000-6000; Inner and outer thighs, knees and buttocks $6000-7000; inner and outer thighs, lower buttocks, knees, calves and ankles $7000-8000; Midback ,axillae(armpit areas), arms $5000-5500; ADD $750-1000 for operating room fee/ surgery ; There is NO anesthesia fee required. We want you to have a good experience during your procedure.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction prices are different for different surgeons

Unfortunately cost is one of those things that is all over the board.

• First, depending on where you live determines what the market will bear - NY is more expensive than Omaha.
  • Next the cost of the facility where it is done differs.
  • Age and experience of the surgeon may be a factor.
  • Next, area vs time.
  • Finally, the most important, surgeon ego plays a big roll.

For example, for me, liposuction of the abdomen, at a hospital, would run approximately $3800-$4100. For others this might be double that.

High price does not mean a good surgeon or good surgery. Also, if it's a low price is it a factory? Wouldn't you rather have a hand-made Bentley rather than a assembly line Fiat? Be sure it's a Board Certified PLASTIC Surgeon! I've seen some horrible things from ob/gyns.

Cost of Lipo

Liposuction costs vary from provider to provider.  Some charge based on number of areas, while others treat based on time to do the surgery.  As you can imagine, the amount of work involved on someone 180 pounds is different from someone 110 pounds for the same body area.

I recommend you call a few practices and see what works for you.  Remember, price should be secondary to safety and quality.  A good deal is only a good deal if you like the result.

We offer Changes Rapid Lipo performed under local anesthesia to speed the procedure and lessen the cost to the patient.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Cost Of Liposuction

There are two main variables in cost for liposuction. The first is location on your body and the second is location of the procedure. Difficult areas to treat well, such as the chin, arms and inner thigh can cost a few thousand dollars for a relatively small amount of fat.  Whereas large fairly forgiving areas such as the abdomen and back can be the same cost for fairly high volumes of liposuction.
The second factor in cost is where you have the surgery performed. Liposuction seems to have attracted a host of poorly qualified non-plastic surgeons who advertise as cosmetic surgeons. To get your attention they often offer lower prices and specials that seem too good to be true.
In our relatively small city there are dermatologists, an anesthesiologist and a doctor who did not even finish training who call themselves liposuction experts with really exceptionally minimal training. 
Be careful to not allow cost to be the most important factor in an irreversible and life changing surgery such as liposuction.  See a few board certified plastic surgeons and make your decision based on trust and qualifications.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction costs will depend on the region and the surgeon. Most people price liposuction based on the number of areas being treated and in general the per-area cost will come down with additional areas. Usually the first area is more expensive because this price includes the costs of the operating room, equipment and anaesthetic. Once you are into additional areas those costs have mostly been covered and you are simply adding time to these things which allows a price drop for those areas. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to be examined. Best of Luck!  

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Cost of Liposuction

The cost of liposuction depends on the number of areas involved. The more areas that require surgery, the higher the cost. 

At The Plastic Surgery Clinic, the basic fee for liposuction is $5900. Each additional area is $1000 more. So for example liposuction of the tummy and both hips would cost $6900. Make sure your quoted fee includes the surgical fee, anesthesia fee, surgical facility fee and all follow up. 

Liposuction and Cost

The cost of liposuction surgery is usually dependent on several factors: the surgeon's fee, the operating room, the anesthesia, and the number of areas being treated. The cost of liposuction also varies from city to city. Though the price is very important in a patient's decision to have surgery, it is always important to find the right surgeon for you. If you look hard enough, you can always find cheap surgery. However, that may not be the right choice.

T.Y. Steven Ip, MD, FACS

Liposuction cost estimate

This is a great question! Cost is always a main component when deciding to move forward with cosmetic surgery. A very important question to always ask your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with regard to the quoting is what is included with the fee. Some facilities will charge separately for anesthesia as well as for the facility usage. When quoting my patients everything is included. I find this helps to eliminate confusion with regard to cost. I charge per area treated with one area equaling both sides; for example when charging for the inner thighs this one area includes both the left and the right inner thigh. For each additional area the price is discounted by 20%. You will also receive a post-operative kit which includes your compression garments, supplements to help control swelling and bruising, as well as ice packs. A good estimate for liposuction to two areas would be around $5000. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck!

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction cost

Liposuction costs vary greatly, mostly depending upon the number of areas treated, which areas those are, and how much fat is going to be removed.  It's important to note that the total cost to you will be composed of a surgeon's fee, an anesthesiologist fee, and a facility fee (for materials, and a place to perform the procedure).  Some practices do have payment plans.  As I mentioned above, liposuction costs vary greatly, but in New York City where I practice, I think in general one could expect to pay between $5,000-$15,000 to have the procedure done by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure their certification is from the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Keith M. Blechman MD
New York, NY

Liposuction cost

Thank you for your question. Cost is always a consideration in elective surgery. Prices for liposuction in our facility vary depending on the amount of tissue planned to be removed, and the expected time that will be spent in the operative room. You may call us for a general range if you know what areas you think will require liposuction. A final written cost estimate will be presented to you at your free consultation.
Although the fees cover the costs of several components, we will provide you a comprehensive fee noting which items are excluded:
-Surgeon’s professional fee
-Facility fee
-Anesthesia fee
-Medications
-Surgical garment
-Medical tests

Dhaval M. Patel
Double board certified 
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon