How Much Does Liposuction Cost? Do you get discounts for the lipo price if you get lipo on multiple areas?

California Liposculpting Estimates

As you may have guessed, liposuction fees vary a lot and rarely will you get a quote over the phone because so many variables are involved. It depends on the size of the area and the amount of anticipated work to do the job as well as the technique involved. The tumescent technique with micro canulas give by far the best results and are worth the extra cost of the procedure.

Many physicians have not kept up with all the latest improvements happening with liposuction. Twenty years ago we all did liposuction under general anesthesia with bigger canulas which required making incisions and left more waviness and dimpling with saggy skin. None of that is done anymore by those who specialize in the procedure. If your doc uses general anesthesia or makes incisions which requires suturing, then that tells you that he is doing the old traditional liposuction with the bigger canulas. The procedure is safer with you awake and comfortable. You just get up and walk out after the procedure. There are no incisions either, only needle sticks now so no big scars anymore. Recovery is quicker and easier and you are back to work in 2 days or less and your skin actually tightens or shrinks.

Here are some estimates:

Neck / jawline liposuction $2500; Abdomen-upper and lower $5000-6000; Abdomen with hips and sides $6000-7000; Abdomen with love handles $5000-6000; Inner and outer thighs, knees and buttocks $6000-7000; inner and outer thighs, lower buttocks, knees, calves and ankles $7000-8000; Midback ,axillae(armpit areas), arms $5000-5500; ADD $750-1000 for operating room fee/ surgery ; There is NO anesthesia fee required. We want you to have a good experience during your procedure.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction prices are different for different surgeons

Unfortunately cost is one of those things that is all over the board.

• First, depending on where you live determines what the market will bear - NY is more expensive than Omaha.
  • Next the cost of the facility where it is done differs.
  • Age and experience of the surgeon may be a factor.
  • Next, area vs time.
  • Finally, the most important, surgeon ego plays a big roll.

For example, for me, liposuction of the abdomen, at a hospital, would run approximately $3800-$4100. For others this might be double that.

High price does not mean a good surgeon or good surgery. Also, if it's a low price is it a factory? Wouldn't you rather have a hand-made Bentley rather than a assembly line Fiat? Be sure it's a Board Certified PLASTIC Surgeon! I've seen some horrible things from ob/gyns.

Cost of Liposuction

The cost of liposuction depends on the number of areas involved. The more areas that require surgery, the higher the cost. 

At The Plastic Surgery Clinic, the basic fee for liposuction is $5900. Each additional area is $1000 more. So for example liposuction of the tummy and both hips would cost $6900. Make sure your quoted fee includes the surgical fee, anesthesia fee, surgical facility fee and all follow up. 

Cost of Lipo

Liposuction costs vary from provider to provider.  Some charge based on number of areas, while others treat based on time to do the surgery.  As you can imagine, the amount of work involved on someone 180 pounds is different from someone 110 pounds for the same body area.

I recommend you call a few practices and see what works for you.  Remember, price should be secondary to safety and quality.  A good deal is only a good deal if you like the result.

We offer Changes Rapid Lipo performed under local anesthesia to speed the procedure and lessen the cost to the patient.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Liposuction costs will depend on the region and the surgeon. Most people price liposuction based on the number of areas being treated and in general the per-area cost will come down with additional areas. Usually the first area is more expensive because this price includes the costs of the operating room, equipment and anaesthetic. Once you are into additional areas those costs have mostly been covered and you are simply adding time to these things which allows a price drop for those areas. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to be examined. Best of Luck!  

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Cost Of Liposuction

There are two main variables in cost for liposuction. The first is location on your body and the second is location of the procedure. Difficult areas to treat well, such as the chin, arms and inner thigh can cost a few thousand dollars for a relatively small amount of fat.  Whereas large fairly forgiving areas such as the abdomen and back can be the same cost for fairly high volumes of liposuction.
The second factor in cost is where you have the surgery performed. Liposuction seems to have attracted a host of poorly qualified non-plastic surgeons who advertise as cosmetic surgeons. To get your attention they often offer lower prices and specials that seem too good to be true.
In our relatively small city there are dermatologists, an anesthesiologist and a doctor who did not even finish training who call themselves liposuction experts with really exceptionally minimal training. 
Be careful to not allow cost to be the most important factor in an irreversible and life changing surgery such as liposuction.  See a few board certified plastic surgeons and make your decision based on trust and qualifications.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How I price liposuction

While the most common way to price liposuction is adding up areas I find the most fair way is by how long the procedure is taking me in terms of surgical time. This is usually related to the body surface area that is being done which is commonly related to the number of areas. My surgical fees start at $3000 for procedures that are under one hour in length and run to as much as $7000 for the longest surgeries covering multiple body areas. On average they are between $4500-$5500. There is a slight up charge if I have decided to use laser assisted smart liposuction. While price of course should be taken into consideration it is far,far more important to find the right surgeon to trust your results and body to.

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and Cost

The cost of liposuction surgery is usually dependent on several factors: the surgeon's fee, the operating room, the anesthesia, and the number of areas being treated. The cost of liposuction also varies from city to city. Though the price is very important in a patient's decision to have surgery, it is always important to find the right surgeon for you. If you look hard enough, you can always find cheap surgery. However, that may not be the right choice.

T.Y. Steven Ip, MD, FACS

The cost of liposuction depends on the extent of the surgery.  Liposuction for one or two relatively small areas performed under tumescent liposuction technique takes about one to two hours and cost around $4500.  Much more extensive and high volume liposuction of multiple areas, including the arms and lower legs, can take several hours to perform and can cost over $12,000.  I always include a discount with multiple-area liposuction.  Thank you for your question!

Paul Fortes, MD

Liposuction cost and multiple area discounts

The cost of liposuction typically depends on the areas being treated, the size of the areas being treated, and whether or not they have been treated before.  Larger areas and those that have been treated before require more time and effort.  There may also be a cost for the surgery center and anesthesiologist if either is used.  In my area, the cost for lipo of an abdomen done under local anesthesia is typically $4000-5000.  Most surgeons do give discounts for multiple areas since it takes less time and fewer supplies to add on additional areas.

Lawrence Osman, MD