Waistline asymmetry. Is it a swelling or deformity contour? (Photo)

Hi, I had a full body tumescent lipo, 9 weeks ago. I'm happy with my results so far but I'm concerned about the asymmetry on my waist. One side is curvy while the other side is flat and hard, I massage my body everyday, I'm using my compression garment 24/7 but nothing seems to help. My plastic surgeon said that is just swelling. My next follow up is in one more month. If its swelling, how long go it will take to resolve? If not, what can I do to even out my waistline without surgery (lipo)?

if you look at lots of bodies you realize very quickly that the asymmetries of the body, especial the hips are frequent profound and almost never noticed, until you have an operation and then it's all you see. The differences aren't  so noticeable when there is a layer of fat on them as you get thinner they become more noticeable.   

It looks like you are getting a great result . Enjoy what you have

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Good results at nine weeks

Based on the overall results, I believe your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job.

Don't think of asymmetry as wrong or bad or abnormal.

We are asymmetrical.

We have our heart on our left side. We have two lung lobes on one side and three on the other side. For most women, their left breast sits higher on their chest than the right.

To me, your body looks more symmetrical in your after picture.

In your before picture, the distance between your bellybutton and your waist is much greater on your left than on your right. In your after picture, these have evened out nicely.

Overall, a nice outcome.

Anticipate some ongoing improvements with time.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon and have him or her address your final concerns.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Nine weeks recovered after tumescent liposuction

Thank you for your question. You are still healing.

You may or may not need a revision. It is too soon to tell.  Wait at least 6-12 months to see what your results are.

To be sure, return to see your doctor or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Asymmetry after lipo

After 9 weeks most of the swelling should be gone, although there is still some remaining. If you have significant asymmetry, its not likely to resolve. The cause of the asymmetry could be having more fat removed from one side than the other or it could be that your body was asymmetric to start with and it may not have been apparent before the surgery. If there is more fat left on one side, it can be re-suctioned but I would suggest waiting at least 6 months.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Waistline asymmetry. Is it a swelling or deformity contour?

Additional lipo on your right waist might improve. But it could be just your anatomy. Can not tell via the internet... 

Healing take one YEAR

You have a great result.    Healing takes ONE YEAR.   At 4 months you are 70% there.  At 6 months you are 85% there and at 9 to 12 months you are 100% there.   Healing cannot be rushed.    So be patient and enjoy you lovely results.    My Best,  Dr C