Thermage first and now wanting to try Ulthera

Just had Thermage done yesterday and after reading about Ulthera I know wish I had done Ulthera first. How long do I need to wait to have an Ulthera treatment now?

How soon after Thermage can I get Ultherapy?

Hi,

I would wait 3 months to see what your results are from the radiofrequency Thermage before getting the micro-focused ultrasound Ultherapy.  The reason is you can build on the result of the first procedure.  

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

3-6 months between Thermage and Ultherapy.

I would wait a MINIMUM of 3 months before treatment. The video below shows the effects of Ultherapy 3 months after the treatment itself. I have both devices, in some patients Thermage works better, however like others I do find that Ultherapy provide more consistent skin tighten. Hence why I chose to get this treatment myself. The video link shows you how it works, what to expect and the real results after 3 months following Ulthera. Kind regards, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ultherapy and thermage have been used for facial tightening and are repeated in my NYC practice after 6 months to a year or more

I suggest patients wait at least six months after one skin tightening procedure involving either Thermage or Ultherapy before retreating themselves. That is not to say that it couldn't be done when the tenderness is gone at an earlier time, but then one is not seeing the true benefit of the first procedure if they rush in to do another.  It takes at least six months to see the collagen production and tightening effect of these procedures. Depending on the level of sagging that existed before the procedure, some patients might be glad they didn't have a second procedure too early as they saved their money by waiting and were happy with their result. I do however, find that Ultherapy consistently provides better tightening to my patients' faces than Thermage when I perform their treatments but still see good results with body tightening with the use of Thermage especially the crinkly skin of some abdomens, especially after weight loss, or liposuction or other fat reduction procedures.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy after Thermage

Hi and thank you for your question!

You can do Ultherapy anytime, you should just be sure you wait until any soreness or sensitivity is resolved from the Thermage treatment. Ultherapy requires pain medication so you don't want to be more sensitive on the day of your treatment. They both build collagen and help with tightening and lifting.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy After Thermage

There is no waiting period for doing Ultherapy after Thermage as the Ultherapy treatment goes deeper. If you tolerated the Thermage well then you can proceed with Ultherapy. Please find an experienced provider for best results.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Thermage/Downtime/Want to try Ulthera--No Down Time--Ultherapy--Combination Approach

Thermage requires no downtime. Ultherapy is an excellent nonsurgcial way to clean up and tighten early sagging and I recommend it with other procedures like Thermage for optimal results. Please see an expert to find out if you are a good candidate. Best, Dr. Emer