My skin color is red and I have brown spots three weeks after my peel. What can I do to correct this?

Three weeks after my peel, I am still red and I have dark spots where my skin first peeled, and then peeled again. I was supposed to have a microdermabrasion done two weeks after, but the spa I'm going to will not do the procedure because they still say I'm healing? At this point my skin is worse then when I went into this. My peel took two weeks. Peeled once and then a second time.

Discoloration of skin after a peel

Dear Ms, generally speaking, peels exfoliate the outer layers of skin making the underlying hyperpigmentation more prominent. It is important to avoid sun exposure during the healing process, which can exacerbate the appearance of brown spots.  This is a common reaction in darker Fitzpatrick skin types. Pre-treatment of the skin with medical grade products such as ZO Medical by Dr. Obagi will also yield better results. Post-treatment products such as hydroquinone, Retin-A, or Retinol products will address the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It is best to avoid any microdermabrasion treatments until the skin is completely healed.   Please see your qualified practitioner for further guidance regarding optimal decision making.