Look at my picture please and tell me what you feel went wrong. Can I do subcision? (Photo)

please help

Injection gone wrong

Hello Injection Gone Wrong,

Based on your picture it could be several things.  Although a picture is worth a thousand words a physical exam and getting more information is the key.  If injected recently it could be an allergic reaction.  If injected awhile ago it could be a granuloma.  If injected too close to the surface that could be visibility of the product.  The product injected also matters as that will affect the treatment options and can help determine what is going on.  Subcision is a technique that is used for scars that are stuck down to free them.  This is not what you would need under any circumstances. 

The best thing would be to follow up with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, general plastic surgeon, or dermatologist.  This specialist could then obtain the needed information to properly diagnose what is going on and then provide treatment options accordingly.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

What went wrong?

There could be multiple things that went wrong but we need more information. When was the procedure done? What was used in the procedure? Did you have any dermal filler implanted? Whats type of filler was used? Temporary, semi-permanent, permanent? This could be products, inflammation, infection, granuloma or nodules under the skin? Need more info.... 

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Large Bump Beneath the Skin

Thank you for the question and photos.
Without knowing more about what was injected, where it was injected and when it was injected it is not possible to give advice. Please return to your doctor for follow up evaluation soon. If needed, get a second opinion from another expert in your area. Good luck.

Lump Under Skin After Fillers

This area needs to be investigated by a well trained cosmetic dermatologist.  What was injected?  How was it injected?  A formal consultation is needed to determine the best next step.  Dr. Emer.

Lump under skin after filler injection

No your do not need subcision .   You must give us more information before much casn be said.   What was injected and when.  How long after procedure are the photos.   Once more information is given better answers can be put forth.  My Best,  Dr C

Look at my picture please and tell me what you feel went wrong. Can I do subcision?

There is clearly something wrong but I cannot give any general advice about knowing what was injected there. Is this a filler or implant? Silicone. Please post a followup or message me. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What went wrong

We need more information to answer this question. Did you have Juvederm injected there? If so it can be dissolved.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

What?

What did you do or have done? More info is needed to answer your question.              jlr

John Louis Ratz, MD
Lagrange Dermatologist