How long do butt implants last?

How long do butt implants last?

Great question! In theory for a lifetime.  Gluteal implants should be considered permanent implants and won't break down. I do like to share with my patients of course that we don't know what he future holds and it may very well be possible that someday there goals may change and they want bigger or smaller implants, or just the newest technology, so be prepared for another surgery and perhaps that will never come.

The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is extremely common.  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape!

My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. Generally speaking, smaller frames with limited excess fat can utilize a combination approach nicely with gummy bear butt implants and fat grafting for an improved silhouette.

It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you. Good Luck!

Chula Vista Physician

Buttocks implants

The buttocks implants are true gummy bear style implants; even if you split them in half, they are solid and can't go anywhere; In theory they should last forever; the first ones I placed have been in place for over 10 years. We have had no incidence of infection requiring implant removal. A consultation is required to provide you advice on implant brand, style, etc. Please see link below for more discussion.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock Implants

Unlike breast implants, which are fluid-filled devices, buttock implants are composed of solid silicone. As a result these are implants that will never fail or need to be replaced because of material breakdown.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Buttock implants are permanent

The soft semi-solid silicone rubber implants used in the USA are considered permanent implants because they cannot rupture and leak silicone gel, like breast implants. I personally prefer Spectrum Design implants. Similar to breast implants, as long as the appropriate implant size/shape is selected and the implant is placed in the correct anatomic plane, the end result should  look and feel natural - like a fit athletic sprinters buttock in this case. Glad to help

Ryan Stanton, MD