Had breast reduction about 10 days ago. My nipple area had poor circulation since leaving the OR. What are my options? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Nipple necrosis after 3rd breast procedure
- I am so sorry this has happened.
- Your surgeon should instruct you on how to care for the nipples -
- Usually an ointment and gauze.
- One then has to wait to see how it heals.
- At times, the healing proves better than expected.
- But you may need a revision or other repair in six months.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Nipple areola partial necrosis
Poor Nipple Circulation
You might also like...
Post-op nipple and areolae complications
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.