Had breast reduction about 10 days ago. My nipple area had poor circulation since leaving the OR. What are my options? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Nipple necrosis after 3rd breast procedure
- I am so sorry this has happened.
- Your surgeon should instruct you on how to care for the nipples -
- Usually an ointment and gauze.
- One then has to wait to see how it heals.
- At times, the healing proves better than expected.
- But you may need a revision or other repair in six months.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Nipple areola partial necrosis
Poor Nipple Circulation
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.