Had breast reduction about 10 days ago. My nipple area had poor circulation since leaving the OR. What are my options? (Photos)

I had a breast reduction about 10 days ago. My nipple area had poor circulation since leaving the OR. What are my options? A little background, I am 32 years old, I had breast augmentation surgery when I was 19 and a revision at 20 to correct differently shaped and sized breasts. During this most recent surgery, I had both implants removed and and had a lift and reduction.

Nipple necrosis after 3rd breast procedure

Thank you for your question about your breast reduction and implant removal.

• I am so sorry this has happened.
  • Your surgeon should instruct you on how to care for the nipples - 
  • Usually an ointment and gauze.
  • One then has to wait to see how it heals.
  • At times, the healing proves better than expected.
  • But you may need a revision or other repair in six  months.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Nipple areola partial necrosis

Thank you for the question and you appear to have partial necrosis of your nipple areola complexes and will require appropriate wound care and possible reconstruction in the future.  So see your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Poor Nipple Circulation

Thank you for your pictures. In my opinion, there is little to do at this point.  You will develop some wounds that  will need to have local wound care until they heal.  Once healed, the anatomy of the nipple/areola can be assessed for the need for revision procedures.  Best wishes.

Post-op nipple and areolae complications

I would suggest you get in to see your surgeon as soon as possible to let he or she know what is going on.