Breast Augmentation for small asymmetrical breasts?

I want to get a breast job in the near future but need to know what my prospects are. One is a full A and the other is barely a AA. The difference is very noticeable even through clothes. One surgeon told me she can just put two different size implants but do you think that's the best way to go? I've see doctors recommend reducing one or lifting one to reach a desired size. I just want to know what is best. Thank you!

Lift and different sized implants

You would probably need a breast lift in the larger breast as it appears to be sagging.  Then, you can choose to have two different sized implants if you want to increase the size of both of your breasts, or possibly just one implant in the smaller breast to match your larger breast.

What Procedures do I need to achieve a natural hr glass shape. (photo)

Your breasts are quite asymmetrical. They are different in size and the right breast is also droopy. The right breast would need to be lifttd through an incision confined to the areola which usually leaves a fairly inconspicuous scar. In addition to the lifting both breasts will have to be enlarged with different size implants. We have corrected quite a few of these in our center. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Asymmetrical Breast Augmentation

Saline breast implants are often the best choice in such circumstances.  In addition to the cosmetic surgical modifications your plastic surgeon can perform to create better symmetry, saline implants can be filled and adjusted to different volumes to account nicely for differences in size or shape.

Lyle M. Back, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for asymmetry

Hi and thanks for the photos and questions.  You have very significant asymmetry.  Your smaller side is a hypo plastic (Underdeveloped), whilst the other shows significant ptosis (Sagging). I think that you would benefit from a lift on the larger side to elevate and reduce the areola.  They will look closer if you put an implant in both sides.Unfortunately, they will never look exactly the same however it should be possible to make them significantly closer in appearance with a lift on one side and asymmetric augmentation. I hope that helps.

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS

Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

You would benefit most from a right breast lift with a small implant and a left breast augmentation with a different sized implant. These maneuvers can improve your symmetry. 

Thank you for your email and photo. The breast asymmetry can be corrected with a combination breast lift on the lower breast and bilateral breast implants. For further explanation please read the link below:

Breast augmentation

All breasts are uneven right to left, before and after any breast surgery, especially without a bra or clothing.  Your right and left are completely different in size, shape, projection, areolae,etc.  They can be made more symmetrical with different size implants and a lift/reduction on the larger side.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Lift and implants

You have a difficult case and you will need a lift on the lower breast as well and two different size implants. Best of luck.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  I recommend a lift and a small implant on the right and a larger implant on the left.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Periareolar Mastopexia

Thank you for submitting your photo. Based on it you will benefit from different sized implants.Your right breast should be supported with periareolar mastopexia and for your left breast an areolar access prodecure should be performed. With this procedures you will reach the desired result and you will get happy with it. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Kind Regards and good luck...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon