Horizontal Enlargement of Eyes? (photo)

In my specific case, how can I horizontally enlarge my eyes in order to achieve an almond shape ? I have read a lot, a lot, a lot on this topic and am more confused than ever. Lateral canthoplasty? Slight Ptosis?? Also, from a side view, I am concerned with the bulge below my eyes. Can this be filled with injection? I have now recieved micro-droplets of Volbella there. My doctor didn't want to inject too much. So then what is the main problem there? Too much muscle?

Doctor Answers 3

Horizontal enlargement of the eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 In light of the fact there is no scleral show and the eyes appear normal shaped, there is no need for a canthopexy.   You do not have ptosis and do not need a blepharoplasty. Leave well enough alone.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Fillers for lower eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In regards to the shape of your eyes, you can definitely make a change BUT not for the better!  Trying to alter the shape of your eyes can make things appear not natural so I do not recommend it. In regards to your lower eyelid area, you have some hollowness which can be improved with filler injections. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

Creating Almond Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The only way to change the shape of the eye is to change the tightness of the support system of the eyelids. This requires a canthoplasty or canthopexy. You could probably get by with a canthopexy as you appear to need very little movement. The only way to  determine what you need is a consult with someone with significant experience in eyelid surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.